Part-6

Last night none of the sisters could enjoy a sound sleep. Edd started crying after they went to bed and this continued till morning.
They are still drowsing so Lilly decided to make some instant coffee for both of them.

She tiptoed toward the kitchen and put coffee, sugar and milk with two measured cups of water into the coffee machine and turned it on.

Joiee and her mom never stays at her place more than a night so it is better to make some pancakes with chocolate syrup on top for their breakfast. As her mother is not into coffee that much she better make her a cup of lime tea. She likes to start her morning fresh, with a cup of tea, it's her usual morning schedule and as long as Lilly have remembered, since they were young she never saw her mother go beyond of this.

Just when the coffee was done, Joiee came out of their room, holding Edd in her one arm. She said "Good Morning Lil Li."
Lilly laughed, it's been so long since anyone of her family members have mentioned her by this name. She is the youngest of the siblings. So she was always called by this name by all.Specially by her dad. Mr.Brad. Lan Brad.

"Good morning Joiee, here's your coffee"
"Thank you dear." Joiee smiled, sitting on a kitchen stool. Edd staring at the mug, trying to grab her mommy's drink.
"No no. You're shoo little sweety. It's mommy's drink.".
"Edd looks a lot like his father. Such an adorable baby. Tell Eddie I said 'Hi' and to spare some time from his busy schedule to come here and visit us."
" I Will.",said Joiee.
"I'm making some pancakes for breakfast. Could you kindly wake Katy up, her school bus arrives at 8."
"Let me get her ready for the class then. It must have become a regular war to you to make her get dressed right? I spare you one day from it."
"Are you sure?" said Lilly, sipping last few drops of her coffee.
"Leave it on me." Joiee said with a confident voice. So Lilly left it on her. I mean the 'Regular War' on her.

After sending Katy off to her school, soon Mrs.Stephanie and Joiee left for their home.

Lilly cleaned up the table, took bath and went for her work on her usual timing.
She have received some advance check from Mrs.Smith for her new job at the floral shop. So after work, today she is taking Katy to her favorite mall to buy her a new dress she will be needing for her upcoming costume party.

It's been so long, since she had took Kate(and herself) somewhere for shopping. Unless it is necessary to have something on urgent, Katy never asks her mother for anything. Not even a toy. This surprises Lilly. She wonders thinking if this little girls life is also aging with her own. She is too little. Turning five next month. Yet understands a whole lot better than a 10 year old would ever do.
Or it could be just their life, that chose to transfer her strength through little Kate too,she thinks.
And Little mommy is proud of her little baby, it seems.

Lilly finished her work early today and took half day leave.
Mr.Huisman permitted this without asking any question. He told Lilly to bring her daughter to their cafeteria someday. Such an interesting child she is he would mention.
Since Katy have never got a chance to meet her grandpa, she likes to give that place to Mr.Huisman. Not only that, she loves calling him "Grandpaaa" or "Nannah". She came here quite a few times before with her mother, and every time she would meet Mr.Huisman he would gift her with a lot of candy and chocolate chip cookies. He stores all these stuffs here for the children of his workers. Specially for Katy.

Katy didn't have to wait for her momma today, as Lilly reached her school 5minutes earlier before Katy's class was over.

In the mall, Katy grabbed a very pretty pink dress for her party with fairy wings then bought a fake plastic magic wand to give her costume a finishing touch.
The dress priced a little too much than Lilly thought it would be. But she have brought enough cash with her. So it saved her.
After that, She thought to have a look on the makeup store. When she was in school, just like other girls of her age,she used to wear a plenty amount of makeup. Each hour, touch-ups after touch-ups, their makeup should look perfect. Their hair should look perfect. Everything should be on point. Everything should look perfect.
Lilly grabbed a mascara to give her lashes some volume. She applied it thoroughly to give it a trial.
It looked perfect. The girl on the store looked at her smiling "It suits your eyes."
Lilly smiled back and asked it's price.
"$25 only,miss." Lilly's jaw dropped.
She said "umm, I think this makes my lashes look a bit crispy. But thank you so much for letting me try."

The store-girl gave a confused look.
Lilly turned and went straight to kid's zone. With the remaining cents, she started looking for Katy's new school shoes she asked for a few days before.

"Hey you!" said Katy. Pointing her wand to a stranger.
A guy with golden brown hair and with apple red lips in the store turned to face her.
Katy continued,
"Would you like to know who I am? And what my magical power can do to anyone, and to you?" her expression straight, trying to pretend like a castle princess with some invisible magic powers.

The guy makes a face as if he doesn't know who she was and placed his hands above his head in a manner of surrender.

"Oopps.. Even though I don't know who you are, but I'm guessing you are a princess living on a big castle so far away from this mall. So, little princess, tell me if I've done something wrong? Are you going to turn me into a frog now?"

Katy broke out in laughter. The guy laughed too, then continued with his shopping.
Just when she was about to turn and make a run for her mommy, she saw Lilly coming toward her.
"With whom were you talking so long baby? I've told you before not to disturb the strangers. Now let's go to him and apologise."

Katy pointed her finger at the guy. From here Lilly only could see his back. He is wearing a navy blue sweater.

"Excuse me?"
The guy turned.
Lilly dropped the shopping bags and it landed on the floor, giving the ground some sheer noise.
Second passes. None of them says anything. Katy simply staring, waiting for one of them to break the silence.

Finally it happens.
And he said, "Miss?"