Part-9

Katy is asleep. A big bandage covering most of her forehead. Her left leg got badly fractured which is now enveloped inside a plaster.
Lilly rushed beside her bed. Tears streaming down her face in silence. He handed her a tissue. She wiped her eyes with that. 
"Oh! my baby!" said Lilly, giving a soft kiss on top of Katy's deep blonde hair.
"She survived real quick." said the guy with a relieved smile on his face.
Stroking slowly Katy's tiny little face, Lilly is staring at her. Her face seemed like something deep. Deep about life.

A while later a doctor entered, she couldn’t be more than 30. Stethoscope hanging around her neck.
She looked at both of them and said,

"So you two must be her parents." Lilly looked at the guy who seemed as much embarrassed as she is feeling right now.  

"Thanks to the Almighty this little girl survived. We may have to keep her here for few more days. She needs a total recovery."

Lilly said, "Can I stay with her over night?"

"No No. Absolutely not" placing the stethoscope over Katy's chest she continued "We're here 24/7 to keep an eye on her. We don't allow anyone to stay over night. Beside, she is out of danger now. There's no need to worry. You guys can go home."

Lilly was about to say something in protest but then the guy said,

"Can we stay here for a little then? An hour or so?"

"Yes, you can. But make sure it shouldn’t be more than an hour. Better half an hour" said the doctor with a straight face and left the room.

Lilly wasn’t ready to move an inch from Katy. He almost have to force her to go home. 
He dropped her home by the evening. Lilly's feet felt so weary to make even a step ahead. So he had to carry her along inside her house.

"Coffee?" he said.
Lilly shook her head.
He made coffee for both of them.Then drank it in silence.
On a couch they are sitting side by side leaving a little gap in between. Nobody is uttering a word.
Few moments later, Lilly closed her eyes, without even noticing she fell asleep.
The guy took both of the coffee mugs and put them beside the kitchen sink.  
It’s almost half past 8. He felt drowsy just when it started raining again. 'Unpredictable weather' , he mumbled to himself. His eyes landed on her face. She is so beautiful, he thought. And she is sleeping as if she haven’t slept in an era. 

Suddenly Lilly woke up. Startled to see him staring at her. He took his eyes off quick.
"I should go home" he said.
"But It's raining heavily outside."
"Umm..."
"Stay. You can stay here tonight."
"No no it's fine. You don't need to worry about me. I have a car with me."
Lilly sighed. Looking at the mattress.
Seconds later, he said, "Umm. Okay. Are you hungry? Should I make you something for eat?"
"I'm not hungry. Thank you anyways." 

Night
10:30 pm

The couch feels pretty much comfortable for sleeping. Lilly went to her room. She locked the door shut.
On the comfortable couch, yet shorter than his height, he closed his eyes, lying in the dark. 'Is our life predestined?' he thought. 'Have I ever seen such a beautiful girl like her before?'  he thought.
'And wait. Where's her husband?  Katy's dad? Wait wait????!'