Part-7

It is almost end of the June. Weather remains dry most of the time. It was dry even early in the morning today. Don't know what happened to the clouds. It just decided to shower millions over rain drops on the ground of this city.
May be the city needed it. The hearts of the city people are getting drenched along with their body. Winds making whispers. They're talking about fate. People. And chances and how the way that life, it doesn’t give us chances all the time. 

Lilly's heart palpitation rises. It's throbbing against the walls of it's cage. She feels as if her lungs are running out of air. Her visions are getting blurry.
She attempts to utter a word. Then fails.

Katy tugging the edge of her mom's sleeve. Kinda trying to wake her up from her day dreams. Then looked at the guy. He is huge. Katy thinks. And cute as well. She rethinks.

"Hey Mr.Stranger, my mommy just told me that I should apologise to you as I was just about to turn you into a frog. So I'm really sorry. She actually told me to never disturb the strangers. So I'm never gonna to disturb you again "-Said Katy in a tone of regret.

The guy smiled. This tiny living figure standing in front of him is just more than adorable.
He kneeled before her. Placing both of his hands on his kneecaps.Then said, " Princess like you could never disturb a Stranger like me."
Katy smiled back. All of her teeth showing up.

Lilly just had to gather so much of strength for uttering even a letter.
Finally she said, " It’s so nice to meet you again. Sir." then tried to fake smiling.
"Kate, baby let's go we're getting late".
" Okay mommy."

'Mommy!?' It's her kid?' confusion floated over his nicely structured face.
He was about to say something in reply, but Lilly quickly picked up the shopping bags sticking against the floor then turned and started walking straight toward the exit. For once, Katy looked back, her big animated blue eyes squinting at him. He waved her bye and smiled.

It is raining heavily outside the mall. If only Lilly knew the weather is going to play trick today she would bring an umbrella with her. They're getting wet. Katy seems like enjoying  the cold stream of water sliding down her cheeks. She is walking keeping her eyes close, following mommy's direction.

As they were just about to move toward the parking lot, an umbrella took place above both of their heads. Lilly looked up. Katy opened her eyes.

"Such an unpredictable weather it seems."  A voice murmurs behind her ears.
Lilly looks back. Astonished.
" You guys are getting wet. Shall I come with you to the parking lot? I mean, till the parking lot? I guess you guys are heading there" Before Lilly could say something. Katy says in excitement
"Yes, of course Mr.Stranger.You can come with us." Then looked at Lilly for confirmation. "Can't he mommy? "
Lilly shakes her head in the affirmative. Color drained away from her face. "Why not" she said. 

They drove back home by 3:30.
Katy is taking bath in the tub while talking to her plastic ducks floating over warm tub water.
After finishing off her conversations with the duckyguys, she went to the kitchen wearing one of her mothers bathrobes (who knows where did she found that).

Lilly was preparing lunch, seeing Katy in her robes her mouth got opened.
"I'm trying to be you. Look mommy. " Said Katy. Giggling. Then took turn to fly away.
Lilly grabbed her by the wrists and started tickling her on the belly. Katy laughing her heart out, "mommyyyy stop!!!"

They finished their lunch by 4:30pm then both mother and daughter took the afternoon nap. It's been so long since Lilly had closed her eyes in the afternoons.

Outside, it stops raining.
Lilly is crying. Someone is holding her tight against his chest. Teardrops wetting his shirt.

In her dream, Lilly screamed, "Josh!"