Part-10

Lilly's eyes are half opened when they landed on the clock. It's 11 O'clock already!
Lilly jumps out of her bed and went to the washroom then ran the tap and quickly splashed her face. Brushed her teeth. She wasn't even on her pajamas as she didn't bother to change her clothes last night.
She stood under the shower, closed her eyes and let the hot stream of water ran down every single crease of her beautifully shaped body.

After covering herself with a sleeveless top and a ripped jeans, she went for kitchen to make some coffee. On the way her eyes fell on someone sleeping on the couch, his feet hanging down from its edge.
Shit! She almost forgot about him. Her heart started jumping again. Oh God! Stop Stop! She mumbled herself.

'Should she wake him up? Or let him sleep?' she thought.
He is sleeping crossing his hands over his chest. Hair spreading in every direction. Yesterday she was with him all day. Her head laying on his chest for hours. O M G!
Lilly took a long breathe and released it as slowly as possible.
Her phone ranged twice. She searched for her phone quick, not wanting the ringtone to disturb his sleep.

From the other end of the phone her mother cried, "How is Katy now? May God save my child."
"Relax mother. They said she is out of danger now. I'm heading to the hospital. I'll be there in 20 minutes or so. Call you later."

The guy on the couch is still sleeping. Lilly put a thin blanket on him. The way he is lying it tells that he is cold. It rained all night. Cool air streams wandering everywhere.

It's been 15 minutes she have left the house. Leaving a guy inside she barely even knows.
He woke up and wondered for a second where he was. A quick little flashback of yesterday worked as a reminder.

He got up from the couch found a small note sticking on a coffee mug sitting on the kitchen table. It read,

"You were sleeping, so I'm leaving this note.
Thank you for yesterday. :)
- Miss Hazel Green. "

He put the note in the right pocket of his jeans. A smile took over his whole face.
He grabbed the coffee mug, finished it off then ran toward his car.

Katy's nanny was sitting on a stool beside her bed. Katy opened her eyes and looked at her. Smiling weakly.
"Nanny." she uttered under her breath.
Mrs.Stephanie kissed both of her cheeks and looked at Lilly who was standing right beside her placing both of her hands on her mothers old bony shoulders.
"She'll be fine mother" said Lilly in a voice of assurance.
Her mother smiled.
"Get well soon little princess. Nanny has bought a lot of chocolate for you. Edd have tried to reach for them but I've secured it for you."
"Nanny, I love Edd."
"Of course, he is your younger brother." she smooched her forehead for one last time and made a move to leave.

"How long they are going to keep her here?"
"Not so long. She'll get discharged by tomorrow."
"Call us whenever you need help."
"I will mother. Poor Katy. She was really happy about her costume party. She have already asked about the party twice since I got here. It was about to take hold today. Evening."
Mrs.Stephanie sighed. Paced slowly for the door. Took a short glance of a guy standing beside it. He smiled looking at her. She took her eyes off of him then left the room.

6:35 PM

"Hey."
"Hey, Mr.Stranger."
"How are you feeling now?"
"I'm good."
"Are you sure?"
Katy shook her head slowly.
A moment later, she said with a soft tone "You know Mr.Stranger, today in my school all of my friends are having a costume party. Alie, Millie, Jeena, Riley everyone."
"So you want to go and join them?"
"Yes I want to. But the doctors wouldn't allow me to go there. Nor would my mommy. So I'm staying here."
"Oops. But there are some people I left outside the room who were really wanting to meet little Katy."
Her animated blue eyes sparkled with question.
"You want to meet them?"
Katy shook her head.
A moment later a flock of tiny figures started entering the room. Everyone on their best costumes carrying flowers and cards with them.
"Surprise!!!" said the guy kissing the top of Katy's head. Katy hold him tight in a way of not letting go. "Mr.Stranger. i like you."
The flock came forward one by one handing her beautifully designed get well soon card and flowers. Mrs.Julia came at last.
"Let's have some fun here. Can we?"
"Mrs.Julia!" Katy screamed. "Yepee!!!"

Cars are parked in a queue. Lovers are walking hands in hands. Making love under the lamp posts.
A young boy drops his ice cream and starts crying in the middle of the road.

He is walking observing the surroundings, and it's been half an hour now. Almost dark outside. Only the street lights above him shining brighter than the other days. Making ways for him to step ahead.