Part-11

2nd of July
Lilly's house
8:45PM

Lilly took a week off from both of her jobs. Katy got discharged today. Mr.Huisman, Mrs.Stephanie, Joiee and her husband Eddie have come here to visit Katy.
Mr.Huisman has bought two assorted box of chocolates for her. Katy have already popped few of the chocolates inside her mouth. 'Mr.Huisman is great!' she thought. She wished he was her own grandpa.
Beside chocolates,  Mr.Huisman knows so many interesting stories. Before dinner he told Katy the of story of two friends. A clever crow and a clever baby fox. How they make fool the other animals of the jungle and have fun by doing so.
Katy got upset hearing a baby fox could do such thing like that. She told Mr.Huisman, "If I were the mom of that baby fox I would never allow him to be friend with the clever crow. He is just spoiling the tiny fox." 
Mr.Huisman laughed and pat her on the back.
"It's just a story dear. It's not real."
"Good not to be."
"Want to hear some more?"
Katy shook her head when Lilly appeared there and announced that they can carry on with their stories but only after dinner.

So there they are now. Tummy full with spaghetti and roasted mushrooms. Katy sitting on the couch, putting her legs on the front flat  chair that mommy brought here so that there will be enough space in the couch for others as well.
Mr.Huisman started telling his final story before moving on for home when they hear a knock on the front door. Joiee was sitting on a kitchen stool, she got up and moved toward the door.

"Hi!" said the guy standing out of the door. Holding a bucket of red Cattleya in his hands.
"Hello" said Joiee in reply. Uncertain about his identity. Before she could say anything else Lilly arrived. A small confusion swept over her face because of his sudden appearance.
"Hi! Nice to see you here."

The guy smiled back and handed her the bucket. "For Katy. I was just wondering about her health. How is she now?"
Lilly stepped aside, and said, "Better than before. Please come in."
Mr.Huisman had to stop his story in the middle because of Katy's deafening scream. "Mr.Stranger!"  

Mrs.Stephanie came out of the kitchen hearing the noise. Squinting at the guy she said, "I think I've seen you somewhere else before."  
"Mother, you saw him in the hospital."
"Ohh... So are you guys friends? What's your name? Lilly you didn’t tell us your friend was also coming today. Hey Mr. Big guy,  we are really sorry we just had our dinner. If only Lilly would inform us that you are coming too we could wait. Please don't mind." 
"It's completely fine miss. She didn’t invited me to come here. I came to see Katy."
"Please have a seat."  said Lilly placing the bucket of flowers on the kitchen table.

"It's very nice to meet you. We could sit and have a chat today but I have to start off for home." Eddie came forward to shake his hand and Mr.Huisman said smilingly, "I'm Richard. Richard Huisman. Owner of "Appetite" the place where your friend works. Very nice to meet you." then winked at Lilly.
She smiled. Shyly. Or embarrassed.
"Nice to meet you too." said the guy. His voice sounded intense.

Mr.Huisman turned to Katy and said, "sorry little quack. I have to leave now."
"But what about the story! What happened to the sad princess stuck in the castle?"
Mr.Huisman leaned downward and kissed both of her cheeks. "Next time dear."

They all left the house by 9:30.

"How are you Mr.Stranger!" Said Katy sleepily.
"Katy stop calling him that." said Lilly. "I'm sorry. Please don't mind."
"It's fine. Mr.Stranger sounds good though. I don't mind." said the guy and winked at Katy. Katy giggled. A while later she fell asleep on the couch. Lilly carried her to the bed and turned out the room light.

The guy turned to leave but then Lilly asked him to have his dinner here.
"Thanks. Some other day. I just had some fresh tuna sandwiches before coming here."  
"Ohh."
"Umm,so.."
"So?" said Lilly biting her lower lip.
"Would you mind to go on a walk with me?"
"Now?" asked Lilly,  still biting the lip.
"Yep. Now. Actually we met each other and It's been almost a week. Couldn’t get a chance to know anything much about you. So... I mean. I just wanted to talk."
"What do you want to know about me?"
He didn’t answer her question. "So shall we leave?"
Lilly thought for a second. Then said, "Wait. Let me get the keys."
"We are not going too far. You wouldn’t need to lock the front door."  

Lilly went to her room immediately and smoothed her hair with a comb then put some lip gloss on. She looked herself in the mirror for one last time. Great!

"You're looking great in that red top Miss Hazel Green."
Lilly blushed. "Thanks."
They are walking in the front lane from her home. The street looks almost empty. Nobody is here except them. The two of them.
They are walking in silence. He is waiting for her to say at least a word.
"Are you comfortable walking with me?"
Lilly smirked. "Yes. Why?" 
"You are not saying anything."
"What do you wanna hear?"
"What do you wanna tell?"
"Anything you want to hear?"
"And you’ll tell everything whatever I want to hear?"

Lilly looked away from him. Second passes. She smiled staring at the ground. Looking at her smiling face , he thought 'oh God! She is gorgeous'

He said, "So you live here with your daughter only. Am I right?"
"I live here with my daughter only. And this only is my whole thing. Whole world." Said Lilly. Releasing a slight sigh.
"Okay. Umm.great."
"You didn’t tell me..." said Lilly then stopped.
"What?"
"What's your name? What do you do?"
"Well, my name.... What's my name... My name my name."
Lilly looked up. The guy laughed. "Kidding. Whatever my name is, and whoever I am. I can make sure to you that I am not a serial killer!"
Lilly broke in laughter. She said laughing, "Of course you are not. Why would you!"
"Why wouldn’t I!"
"You're scaring me now!"
"Your face doesn’t look like that at all though. You look more like 'Not afraid of anything' type of girl I presume " 
"And how did you presumed??"
"It just came to me."
"What just came to you?"
"So finally, you are comfortable talking to me. Walking beside me."
"You didn’t replied to my question."
"Okay Miss Hazel Green. I give in now." he held his hands above his head in a way of surrender,  then said in a low voice, "Your eyes told me."

Lilly looked into his eyes. A little unsure what to say in reply.  
"You are gifted with beautiful bright deep hazel eyes. And when you talk, it shines with capabilities, possibilities.  And I can read those possibilities."
Lilly gasped. Relax Lilly relax.
"I think I should go home. Katy is alone there."
They stopped walking. He is staring at her.
"What?" asked Lilly. 
"Can I meet you tomorrow?"
"Where?"
"Where do you wanna go?"
"Where do you wanna take me?"
"Would you go anywhere I want to take you?"
"Stop it!" said Lilly. Poking at his belly she said smiling "I have some work to do, I don't think I can....." 
Before she could finish her words he interrupted.
"You are off from job for a week. Let me just guess. And I'll be waiting right here,in this spot where we are standing right now at sharp 5 O'clock in the evening."
"but.. "

He turned right. And without saying another word he started walking. Didn’t bother to look back, and disappeared out of her sight slowly.