Part-16

"The music is too loud," said Katy from the backseat of the car. "Slow down a little Mr.Stranger."
"Don’t call him by that name Katy." Lilly said with a slight stiffness in her tone.
Alex smiled at Lilly assuring it's okay. Slowing down the volume of the music he said, " No big deal. I like to get called by that name. Katy, can you guess where are we heading?"

It's been an hour since they've left for their tiny trip. Lilly still have no idea where they are going.
"I can guess actually," said Katy with confidence in her tone.
"Oh really. What it's like then? Can you describe?"
"It's so blue like your eyes."

Lilly almost choked hearing her answer. 'Gosh! Is she talking about sea beach?
She can't recall the last time she visited a beach or took Katy there. Lilly looked at Alex with question in her eyes.
Alex winked at her saying,  "Your girl is smart. Smarter than you are." 
Lilly's heart jumped with excitement. She could smell the fresh sea air already.
"Did Katy already knew about it?"
Alex smiled said nothing.

Oh damn! This guy and his mysterious sweet smile! 

After parking the car in front of some confetti shop they entered the beach, legs digging inside the soft,velvety sand.

Katy looked very excited. Until now, she only have seen beaches in movies,tv programs.
A huge number of waves crashing against one another. She took a deep breath, her lungs filled with fresh sea wind.

Lilly took a look around herself then at Alex who was staring at her with a huge grin on his face.
Their forehead came forward,  so near that Lilly could feel the warmth of his breath that was cuddling her cheeks,nose.Her.

Just when they were about to take another step forward, a familiar voice interrupted their romance.

It was almost dark in the evening. Alex looked through Lilly's shoulder,  and someone waved at him. It took him a moment to recognise that face.
Alex screamed, "Steeve!"
Steeve ran forward and both of the friends gave each other a boyish hug and punch on the arms.
"So long buddy! Where have you been! I thought i've lost you forever. I did tried to call you but it just rang nobody received."
"I've changed my number a long ago. Who is she?  Your wife?"

Lilly blushed. Alex hesitated a bit. Then said,
"Oh she is my girlfriend. Lilly. Lilly meet my friend Steeve, we've been together since we were in elementary school."
Steeve stretched a hand, Lilly took it and shook mildly. "Nice to meet you," she said.
"You came here alone? You can join us."
"No, I'm here with my family," said Steeve then turned to point at his wife holding hand of their son. She waved at Alex, smiling. Alex waved back.

"Dude! You've got married! Whoa...didn’t even bothered to tell your best friend!"
"Sorry."
"Hey! It's okay. Meet Katy. Our little princess."
Katy looked at Steeve,batting her eyes.
Lilly said, "Say Hi dear."
Katy let out a giggle. Didn’t say anything.
"Such an adorable child she is," said Steeve. Smiling her way. 

"Hi, I'm Emelia." said Steeve's wife joining the group.
"Hello!," said Alex with a very happy tone in his voice then looked at the little boy holding Emelia's hand.
He kneeled before him then said, "What's your name little guy?" 
This boy looked similar to Katy's age. He didn’t said anything. Rather kept holding his gaze at Alex, as if trying to say ' Who are you calling me little guy? '

"Ben. His name is Ben. Baby, say hi to uncle Alex." said her mom.
Ben didn’t paid a hid, instead his gaze shifted on Katy. A nice,beautiful, small human figure. Just of his age. His lips formed a smile as his eyes twinkled with blue sparks in them.

"I think my boy liked your daughter very much." said Steeve and the group broke in laughter.
Katy was tired of being silent for a long time. She decided to make a friend.
Leaving everyone astonished she said, "Hi little guy." A bossy tone dripping off her voice.
Ben didn’t made a move. But kept scanning through this small girl with his big blue eyes.

"If you want, I can keep Katy with us for a while. You guys can have your moment."

Lilly bend toward Katy, "want to play with your new friend?"
Katy thought for a second then nodded in yes.
They left Katy with Steeve and his family then went for a walk.

"So," Alex pulled Lilly closer with one of his arms, "No interruption now."
Lilly looked at him and nodded with smile.
Alex reached for her lips and it melted against his own.
"You're so warm Lilly."
Lilly smiled between the smooch.

A while later, pulling away from her mouth he whispered into her ears, "I love you so much. What have you done to me. Oh God!"
"I love you too." Lilly whispered back.
They both sat on the moving, yet silky soft sand and Lilly grabbed his arm then rested her head on his shoulder. They sat their in silence for a long time.

"Wanna see something? " Alex said.
"What?" Lilly questioned back.
"Lay down."
"On sand?"
Alex nodded. "First close your eyes."

Alex took her hand intertwining with his own then laid down beside her.
"Now open."

Lilly opened her eyes and saw the sky over-flowing with stars staring down at her. Twinkling.

She murmured in unconscious "Oh my gosh!"
Alex looked at her with amazement in his eyes and thought 'Why can't I stop myself from looking at her? She is gorgeous.'

"You see the stars, when the person we love passes away they become this flickering gems. They start living up on there ,super high. Loving us from a far distant, forever."

Lilly's eyes filled with tears as she thought Josh was looking at her, hiding among these million over flickering stars. Smiling at her and Katy. 
"Josh would love this." Lilly uttered.
"I know, right?" said a voice nibbling her mid ear.
Lilly looked at him.
"You are such a good soul Alex," she said,crying.