24

ethans POV

I went home early because I just didnt want to see emma, I know we joke around alot but that text didnt seem like a joke nor was I laughing, so I responed

 ight, forget about prom then and just leave me alone.

I sighed turning my phone off and layed down and did something I probably shouldnt do but I called alissa and told her to come over, I just needed to feel numb again- getting broken up with your future wife who hates you kinda hurts or whaTeVeA.

emmas POV

I found my phone in my locker around 3rd block, I turned it on and saw ethans text and heart dropped, did I really scare him away? I never thought he took my rejecetions seriously no matter how many times I did  it, but now I just felt bad.

"hey em," grayson said as he leaned on the locker next to mine looking down at me and he raised an eyebrow at me biting my finger nais and took my hand to stop me, "Calm down, I thought you stopped that years ago," he said in a soft tone. It was comforting, sweet I guess, maybe hes not the enemy after all, more like an ally- a friend. 

"I'm fine," I sighed moving my hand away from his and closed my locker, "hey actually I was wondering if you wanted to help me with science after school, bio is killing me," To be fair I am a scholar, but Grayson doesnt know that, I just needed an excuse to go to ethans house, and apoligize- even though I honestly didnt do anything wrong, hes a fuckboy but I dont know maybe hes grown out of it, maybe I am the only girl he talks to- ew I dont even want to call us that.

"Yeah sure, just meet me by my car after school and we can go," he smiled standing up straight.

"OKay well bye, youuu," I said while hitting his chest playfully and walked away face palming myself, that was so akward I'm gonna die spending more than 10 minutes with him. 

Olivias POV

So shes all buddy buddy with grayson now? hm weird, didnt see that coming- and hes my ex, out of all people....dolan hopper. 

emma's POV

I skipped last block and went to the bathroom to practice what I was gonna say, ugh I hate this, he takes things to personally, I was gonna say yes to prom- eventually... but he also said leave me alone, which is a big tone change from see you at prom in the morning. Maybe he doesnt want tot talk to me because I'm not as popular and pretty as all his other girls and now that the school knows he changed his mind about me? I sighed looking in the mirror fixing my hair and adjusting my posture, I dont get what he saw in me. 

ethans POV

Alissa said she was coming over and I looked down at my wrist at emmas scrunchie and sighed. Its like, I've never felt like this about anyone- had feelings. and shes such a wildcard but I love it, but even though  joke arounf the constant rejection isnt exactly fun. I just wish I knew how I felt, well maybe I should of told her myself. but fuck it, fuck feelings, and then I made one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made- and fucked alissa.....

graysons POV

I fixed my hair keeping it to the side in a flop as I waited for emma, madison had something after school so I didnt need to drive her home as usual, I saw emma walk up to the car but she was now wearing an oversized sweater ontop of her outfit and got into the car silenty, weird. 

"hungry?" I asked softly as she got into the car. She shook her head softly leaning on the window,  I drove to mcdonalds either way. 

"graysonn," she groaned tiredly, "Can we just work on our work?

I looked at the red light and tilted my hair and kept driving to mcdonalds, she didnt eat lunch and im hunrgy so idcidcidc. 

emmas POV

ethan loves mcdolands smoothies, the mango and pinapple ones to be specific. YOU SEE- thats my problem, he is my problem- my crush is so big that everything is literally about him, I even look at a trash can and see him in some way, this is so  bad like, this is horrible, but I smiled thinking about him each time, even thought  I hardly show it, he makes me happy, but also gets on my nerves more than anyone else. 

" I'll just have a smoothie and fries, and remind me to pay you back," I said to grayson when we reached the drive way.

Graysons changed alot since he was with olivia, hes quieter, kinder and more idek- soft? I got sad thinking about olivia, she was my go to person to talk to about anything, now she doesnt even wanna look at me, I dont know what I did wrong? she is the once who is bestfriends with alissa now, not me, I hate hate hate alissa. 

We got to the food and got out of the car and I went in to give ethan his smoothie, like a peace offering I guess, I walked up to his room but the door opened before I turned the knob and there was alisaa fucking violet- I felt my heart drop and my cheeks feul with anger and I felt like crying, I never cry, okay well- I looked at ethan laying in his bed and he quickly sat up and alissa smiled walking out.

"You know what, I will leave you alone," I  said as my voice broke and threw the smoothie at him and stormed out of his house.

fuck this, fuck feelings- I just want it all to go away.