Chapter 42

"I never thought that my son will suffer from this deadly disease". Said Aurora. She wasn't completely crying but her voice was cracked.

Katy who was still in shock just stared at Aurora. She gulped. "When did you find out?".

"Although we took the test in Boise , but then we got shifted in Miami. It was our second day in Miami , when the doctor called me and told me that Ryan is diagnosed with Leukaemia". She sobbed.

"We were so devastated". She whispered and started crying. Katy was holding up but after watching Aurora crying so heavily, she started crying too and hugged Aurora.

They were sitting in the lounge while Brody and Ryan were sent to their rooms.

"Ryan hid his symptoms from us. Because he didn't want us to get worried as we were already very worried because of some problems we were facing in Boise". Cried Aurora. She wiped her tears and looked at Katy.

"We started his treatment right away due to which he was not available for his friends sometimes".

Katy suddenly remembered that yes , he wasn't there sometimes. One day he was not there in the library , he was not there in Olivia's birthday party. He was not available when Katy asked him to toss the coin on the bridge. Why didn't we noticed.

"Ryan asked us to not disclose this to anyone and specially his friends. And we succeed in it. But then one day Liam came to our house for tutions from Ryan. He saw me mixing the medicine in Ryan's water. And I had to tell him. That's why I trusted him and let Ryan go any where with him". Aurora told Katy everything.

"Yeah!! That day when I saw Liam , Ryan and Aurora going inside a room and locking the door , and When I asked them they said nothing , and sometimes I have seen Liam getting emotional around Ryan. Katy thought.

"But ... I remember that I saw that medicine in Brody's tray". Asked Katy.

Aurora smiled. "That's because Ryan knew that you are observant and can notice even a slightest thing. So he asked us to put the medicine in Brody's tray instead of his own tray".

Katy gulped.

"Ryan is very good at keeping secrets and that's what he did. Now that he is suffering because of his own decision. He hid it from so that we won't get worried. And hid it from you so that you won't leave him". Cried Aurora. And by speaking those last words , her voice cracked.

Katy felt tears cascading down her cheeks. She wiped them off and sniffed.

"And that's why Brody was not happy with this relation. Not that he doesn't like you or hate his brother. He love Ryan. Today that Ryan is happy it's because of him. But still he asked Ryan to tell you the truth. He said that a new life should not start with a lie. Tell her the truth and wait for her decision. But Ryan was too scared to lose you that he hid it from you as well". Said Aurora.

After a long break. Katy asked Aurora a question she was so impatient to ask.

"Now what ? I mean , is he responding to the treatment ? What does doctors say ?".

"He is responding to the treatment. But sometimes he doesn't eat his medicine on time and ends up getting sick. So we take care of his medication".

She sighed. And Katy shook her head.

"Listen Katy".

"Hmm ?".

"It's your decision. The disclosure of the truth was your right. And now it's up to you if you want to go on or you want to....", she couldn't speak further. Because she knew that this option will break his son.