-01-

ᴀʟɪᴄɪᴀ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ
We moved. Again!

This is like the sixth time we've moved...in TWO MONTHS! We've moved to Pennsylvania, Florida, Arizona, Chicago, back to California and now we're moving to Canada. For what reason? I have no idea. My parents just love the idea of travelling so we move as much as possible. They don't even think about how it affects me. Due to this, I've lost a ton of friends.

Whenever I tell my parents about it, they just say 'Don't worry darling. You'll make new ones.' It's not easy being the odd one out in a new school. It's been five days since we landed in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and we moved into a town called 'Seabrook welcomes Zombietown' Weird name for a town but okay.

It was 7:30am when Mom barged into my room and shook me awake. "I'm up! I'm up-" I yelled and she stopped causing me to shoot her a glare. "What was that for?" I questioned. "You have to get to school in 45 minutes." She said causing me to stare in confusion. "You're kidding right?" She just stared back, gazing between me and my wardrobe. "Holy shit you're not kidding." I hopped out of bed anxiously. "Language young lady!" She yelled as I ushered her out of the room. "Yeah yeah okay."

When she was out, I placed my hand on my face. What do I even wear? What if I don't make any new friends? I took a deep breath and walked into the shower. When I was done, I strolled back into my room checking on the time. '7:40am' Okay I still had some time. Now what to wear...Got it!

[Without the glasses]

I grabbed my phone and backpack then headed downstairs. I placed my bag on the couch and walked to the kitchen where Mom was applying syrup to some pancakes. "Here's yours honey." She handed me a plate with some pancakes and strawberry on the side. "Thanks mom." I grabbed a cup of milk alongside my plate and sat at the dining table. "So how far is this school?" I asked placing a waffle in my mouth. "It's only a five minute walk." She said sitting in front of me. She proceeded to tell me the route to school while I stuffed my face with pancakes before drowning down the milk. "Thanks mom. Gotta go bye!" I ran to the living room, grabbed my backpack and dashed out the house.

I grabbed the straps of my bag offering a smile to people I saw. The further I walked, the more I noticed that there were two sides of the town. One side was full of pink and blue houses in rows while the other was not.

Soon, my new school came into view

Soon, my new school came into view. It was absolutely breathtaking.

I walked through the doors and looked through the hallways

I walked through the doors and looked through the hallways. Classes passed by and I noticed a door with a sign 'Zombie safe room' What does that mean? I reached out to open the door before a voice caused me to freeze. "Hey!" I turned around to see a girl in a cheerleader outfit with white hair staring at me. "What are you doing?" She questioned and I shrugged.

"I don't even know. I'm new." I confessed and it's like her eyes lit up. "In that case, I'm Addison. Nice to meet you." She held her hand out for a shake and I placed my hand in hers. "Pleasure to meet you. I'm Alicia." I offered a smile and she nodded. "Come with me. We usually gather around in the gym every morning before school starts." She began walking down the hallways and I tried my best to stay close to her. She led me past a couple of hallways before we ended up in a huge gym.

"Wow" I was so dazzled at the size of the gym that I paid no attention talking to us until Addison tapped me on the shoulder. "Alicia, meet my friend Eliza. Eliza, this is Alicia. She's new."

I took that time to take in the appearance of the girl in front of us.
She had pale white skin with green hair and pretty brown eyes. I had done some research on the "citizens" of this place and I find it ironic that zombies and humans can coexist and live together in unity.

"No way- You're a zombie? That's so cool!" I squealed a little causing them to laugh. "Okay I like this girl." Eliza said and I smiled. "How would you like to hang out with us for the rest of the day?" Addison asked and I swiftly nodded.

I guess I've found myself a couple of friends on my first day. Thank God i'm not socially awkward. Today's going great so far. What could go wrong?