-07-

"I missed you too Emerald." He whispered.

"Why did you leave me?" I asked and he sighed. "I went to find our real parents." He said with his head on top of mine.

With his emphasis on 'real', I guess he was glaring daggers at the two people behind us.

You must be wondering what happened huh?

I recall when were younger, Aiden and I were two peas in a pod. You would never see one without the other. We did everything together. He was the best brother ever.

FLASHBACK #1 *No one's POV*

"5....4.....3....2...1.." Aiden counted. Baby Alicia giggled and clapped her hands as she ran away from her big brother. They were playing a game of hide n go seek. Alicia ran for a bit before tripping on a little sick and fell down.

She let out a cry when she noticed that her knee was bleeding a little. Aiden was by her side in an instant.

He noticed the blood on her knee. "Wait here." He said before heading inside. Seconds later, he returned with a little piece of cloth that he wrapped around her knee.

Then he pulled her up. "Are you okay?" He asked and she nodded. "Let's go inside." He said taking her hand and walking toward the front door.

FLASHBACK #2 *No one's POV*

Two years later, the siblings had began Kindergarten and attended the same school. 3 year old Alicia sat in a little corner using her building blocks to make a castle.

Suddenly, a girl walked up to her and knocked over every single piece. Alicia looked up with tears in her eyes. She worked so hard on that.

"What did you do that for?" She questioned and the girl laughed. "You're a weirdo. I mean, look at your hair. You are not welcome in my friendship circle." She said and Alicia looked down as tears slowly flowed down her cheek.

"Leave her alone!" Aiden's voice came from behind her.

"She doesn't want to be in your stupid circle now apologize to her." He demanded with a hard glare. The girl huffed out an 'Fine. I'm sorry' then walked away while he kneeled in front of his little sister.

"Don't cry emerald." He said lifting up her chin. "Don't worry. I'll help you rebuild it." He smiled causing her to smile.

"Really? What about your friends?" She questioned glancing behind him. "Don't worry. They'll join us." Aiden said before waving his friends over. Together, they built Alicia's block castle from scratch.

*FLASHBACKS OVER*

Then I turned 13 and never saw him again.

I asked my parents what had happened to him and they claimed that Aiden was adopted and his real parents wanted him back.

I didn't want to be nosy so I didn't ask any questions.

I wish I did.

They made me forget about him.

Now he was back.

We're sticking together this time.

"Honey.." Renee or my 'mom' said from behind me and I scoffed. "Don't call me that."

She gulped.

"Alicia..You're going to be late for school.." She finished.

'Oh right..school..'