-03-

"Hi"

"Alicia!" A familiar face called and I turned to face Addison. "Hey Addy." I said then she pulled me into a hug. Giggling, I hugged her back.

"I see you've met the newest addition to the cheerleading team." Bucky strolled up to us with a drink in his hand and of course, accompanied by the Lacey and Stacey.

"Hey Frostbite." Lacey waved causing me to roll my eyes while Stacey laughed. "I was going to wait till later on to announce this but since you're here Alicia, I'll just let it rip." Bucky said with a grin. "In two days, we will be heading out to our very own Cheer camp! For this, we will meet back here by 8:30am." He said and we cheered.

"Nothing later or we leave without you." Stacey added causing us to glance around awkwardly. "Make sure to bring some joggers along with you cause it's gonna be a wild day filled with fun and competition." He added and we clapped.

I took the time to look around and noticed that not only was the cheer team full of humans, but zombies also.

Among them, I recognized Bonzo and we waved at each other. "I can't wait!" I turned to Addison once Bucky and the Aceys were out of ear shot.

"Me neither. My very first cheer camp!" I squealed and she smiled. "Hopefully we get put on the same team-" She was interrupted by a friendly voice.

"Hey you two." "Hi Bree." We greeted with a smile. "Congratulations on making the cheer squad. And on your first day too. Look at you fitting in already." She mentioned to which I laughed.

"That was exactly what Zed said." We all shared a laugh. I sat by the bleachers so I could watch the rehearsals. Soon the bell rang and it was back to classes. I waved goodbye to my friends trying to maneuver my way to my next class.

"Lissy!" Zed's voice came from beside me resulting in my smile. "What's up zombie? How was practice?" We made small talk as we walked. Our next class happened to be Chemistry. "Let's get this over with." I mumbled walking into the class while Zed laughed behind me.

*TIME SKIP TO THE END OF SCHOOL AND ALICIA IS BACK HOME*

"Honey? How was your first day?" Mom asked once I walked into the living room. "It was great Mom. I've made a lot of friends and I made the cheerleading squad." I informed her and she pulled me into a hug. "That's great sweetheart. I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you mom. Where's Dad?" I asked.

"He's upstairs. Do you want me to get him?"

"Yes please."

"Okay. JASON!" She called and almost instantly, his feet made their way down the stairs. "What's wrong- Oh hey sweetie. How was school? I'm sorry I couldn't see you off. I was so tired from arranging the house." He said walking up to me.

"It's okay Dad." I replied hugging him. We soon let go of the hug and I pulled them both toward the couch.

"Okay so it turns out that we have a school trip in two days and I'd like to go." I stated eagerly. Their eyes flickered to each other's and I could see a flash of concern. "It's not anything bad. I promise. We're just going to cheer camp." I added with a smile.

"Okay. And how many days is this trip?" Dad asked. "Two days." I mentioned, nervously playing with my fingers.

"We trust that you'll make smart decisions so we will allow you to go." Dad said some minutes later and my smile matched his.

"Thank you so much!" I proceeded to hug them again before running up to my room and pulled out my bag before packing up some clothes. I'm the kind of person to prepare ahead of time.

*TWO DAYS TIME SKIP*
=======================

-IN SEABROOK HIGH'S GYM-

It's currently 8am and the gym was filled with constant chattering. We were so pumped up for this trip, I mean we didn't know what to expect.

Addison and I sat beside Bree and Bonzo on the floor as we chatted about anything possible. Suddenly, Bucky strolled in with the Aceys, a megaphone and Shrimpy?

For those who don't know, Shrimpy is the school mascot.

"Attention everyone!" Bucky said into the megaphone and the gym fell silent. "Okay so we're gonna to get going with the school bus. Shrimpy is going to drive. Give it up for Shrimpy!!" He said causing me to tilt my head in confusion.

How could he see out of that costume? Oh well. I shrugged. "You wanna be my seat partner?" Addison asked and I nodded. "What about Bree?" I asked. "I have other friends you know." She teased me with a smirk.

"Okay everyone! To the bus!" With cheering and hollering, everyone grabbed their bags and headed into the school bus.

It's been three days and I have connected with these guys on another level. I'm grateful we moved here. I can't wait to see what cheer camp brings.

My phone dinged and I looked at it.

I smiled.

Z-dog 🥰 : Goodluck at cheer camp Lissy!!

Lissy👼: Thnx Zed :)