Emotions and Fire

Eragon began to think that his note never reached Arya, but it had only been three days since he sent it so he kept his hopes up. He wished he could fly out there, but his students need him here. He had some ideas but Saphira had dubbed them too much for the students, especially since their youngest was still only fifteen. He had spent every night since recieving her note trying to devise a solution for the both of them. But alas everything would cause problems for him, he had stayed up late into the night and Saphira had to force him to sleep in fear of his focus slipping the next day. Ceada and Zitha were improving rather quickly but his original idea would prove to much for them. So he kept his schedule and training with them as usual.

As the beat of Saphira's wings rang in his ears he looked at the forest on the edge of Vroengard, those trees ran down into the water of the ocean. The trees were large and thick, much like what the elves make their homes out of. Saphira landed outside the circular building, as with the other two dragons inside, she was too big. Eragon dismounted and entered the building, he approached his students with the common elf greeting. They spoke first due to his power over them, Ceada was still getting used to the greeting as she was human but Luzol had done it before.

"Good morning."

"Morning ebrithil." The two of them replied almost in sync, Eragon smiled at his students.

"Today we will be training on the backs of our dragons. I would like you two to get used to something new however. Instead of fighting me one on one how you have done, you will sparr each other. I will stop either of you if one is about to go too far, I am implimenting something that I did not necessarily have during my training as a rider. I sparred with an elf, but he is not a rider. Rather the ambassador for the elves right now."

Luzol's eyebrows pinched together, "Master, if you do not mind me asking. Why are you implimenting this now? Is there something wrong back home?"

"No, nothing is wrong. I want you two to get used to fighting with more than just one person. Once you have gotten used to each other's fighting styles, I shall attack you mentally while you fight. This is also something I was not trained in while fighting. I have something else planned but that is for later. What I have planned will be a test of sorts, please do not question me."

"We would never, I apologize ebrithil."

"You're alright Luzol, but word your sentences differently next time." The dwarf gave a short nod, Eragon walked back outside after telling them to be on dragonback in five minutes. The students scrambled to get their saddles onto their companions while he approached his rather gumpy mental other half.

And what has you so upset Saphira, you were just fine ten minutes ago?

Your plan, do you think they will be ready for it?

Yes Saphira, after this training they will be ready for this test. Besides, what danger is this island to them. The snagli are no threat as you dragons find them delicious, and the burrow grubs only burrow if you make them mad. If they cannot go a few months without me then we have not done our jobs as teachers, or their Masters.

I suppose you are right, well then let us prepare them properly for fighting in the air shall we!

There's the Saphira I know and love, but yes! Let us show the students the difficulty of fighting while flying!

As he slid his legs into the straps, her body launched into the sky over the training center where his students were now in saddle. Upon seeing Saphira, Ovroth and Zitha also took flight and pulled themselves up to her height. The smaller dragons flew to opposite sides of Saphira, she reminded them of some pointers on turning and flying around things. Eragon then told the students about what they would be doing more in depth. When they reached their destination the students were more happy than one would think. They were currently hovering over a large body of water in case anyone fell. Eragon losened his leg straps but kept them to where he wouldn't fall, he told his students to do the same.