Return

Eragon and Arya spent about a week in his homeland, they enjoyed every bit of time spent there. Hope and Emmyt had many questions for them and they loved answering them and playing with the young boy. From Carvahall they went back to Du Weldenvarden, the people had no objections to Lord Daethedr's rule. So they held the very lengthy ceremony of crowning Daethedr, a long party was held afterward and he promised no one would harm the Crags of Tel'naeir as long as he lived and ruled. It made them both very happy, and their month together would soon turn into years together.

"Eragon, I think you should fly ahead of me by about a day or so. I need to say goodbye to my people and I think you should tell the students that I will be joining you."

"Alright, I trust your decisions more than any others. Should I tell them when you will be coming?"

"No, that should be for them to guess."

"Very well. Saphira and I will leave tomorrow morning if you'd like."

"Okay. I will see you within the week then."

Saphira didn't love the idea and neither did Firnen but they knew it would be worth it. Eragon bid farewell to his friends in Ellesmera, Arya and Firnen flew with them for a while but when they reached the edge of the forests, the green dragon and his rider stopped. They knew it would not be but a few days until seeing each other again so Saphira flew fast an strong. She flew where the wind would carry her and where the sky was clear of storms. They stopped only once so she would drink, but they never touched ground after that, for all that was under them was the sea. Vroengard was but a mere speck in the distance, Eragon couldn't see much of it right now but through Saphira's vision he could see the tal buildings from where they were.

As the island grew nearer, Eragon saw his students fly up to greet him. Saphira cast her thoughts to the dragons, Do not be warry, we've come home.

Ebrithilar! Welcome back! Ovroth and Zitha flew towards them as they all conversed through the mind. When they had been in the air long enough, the dragons flew back to the main city of Vroengard. Saphira settled into more of a sleeping position though she stayed awake, the hatchlings as she called them lay next to her as the three Riders walked into the eating hall. Eragon fed himself lightly as the students ate their dinner, "So students, how did you do?" 

So they told him of everything they'd done. They followed the instructions very closely, though from time to time their dragons told Eragon of a slip up or two. He was slightly surprised at their progress but that was to be really tested the next day. Then he told them of his adventures, seeing Arya and Firnen again, the Queen getting married.

"Oh and Ceada. You're little brother says hello, and so does your mother and the rest of Carvahall."

"You met my little brother! Oh I apologize if he had an obsession with Saphira, he's rather infatuated with dragons of all kinds."

"It's quite alright, he got to sit atop Saphira with me, i'd say he's quite fond of that moment."

"Dear Gods he must've exploded with excitement. And I'm sorry for not telling you who my parents were I just thought that I would be held to a different standard and-"

"Ceada I do not hold standards for people I have not met or heard little to nothing about. It was your information to keep, not mine." She gave a breif nod. "Students I have other knews, Arya and Firnen will be coming to live here and help to train you two."

Luzol nearly fell over, "Really! They are coming here! How long will they stay ebrithal? Do you know?"

"Well they will be staying as they please. Arya is no longer the Queen of the Elves, so that was her decision."