Can We Try Us Again

* Hello- for the first time this is an author note for the 30 people reading this. So this chapter is going to be the start of Eragon and Arya's quote on quote relationship. There wasn't a term for dating in the time period of this book but boyfriend and girlfriend were terms. This is the chapter where they start mending things so just a heads up! ~Evan *

Arya let herself fall onto a patch of thick grass, Eragon sat down next to her with a laugh. Her green eyes opening slowly to look at the brown haired man sitting to her left. His deep brown eyes now angled towards the sky, she could see the clouds reflecting in his eyes. She too brought her eyes to the clouds, in her own mental daze she did not hear Eragon whispering a small spell in the ancient language. Only when he placed a small silver flower through her hair and tucked behind her ear did she come out of her trance. She touched the flower lightly, "Thank you."

"I just thought you would like it."

"I love it. Silver flowes aren't the most common in Du Weldenvarden anymore."

"Really? You'd love the flowers at Vroengard, some of them change color depending on the time of year. But there are hills filled with flowers of all kinds."

"That sounds amazing. I cannot wait to see it, and I cannot wait to live there."

"I am excited for you to see it and live there. Things will be different now, if you'd like them to be between us."

"Eragon to be honest I don't want too much to change between us. We already know of our feelings for each other and have slowly been acting on them. I feel like that should be the pace, as I said I have not attemped love in a hundred years now."

"And as I said, I will wait as long as you wish. I have never stopped loving you and that shall not end, ever."

"Thank you, this will take me time but time is all we have."

"Indeed, and all the time you need I will give you."

"I've missed you greatly Eragon. I feel like that in itself was beyond too much time, but it was the time I needed to realise my feelings. And now I have realised them and I wish to act upong them."

"Arya. Let this be the start, can we try us again?"

Her voice got quiet in her laying position, her eyes locked onto his, "Yes." He smiled at her and layed back in the grass, she moved herself to rest her head on his shoulder. His warmth surprised her, but she didn't complain. They sat and talked about many differnt things, Saphira and Firnen, the new students, happy memories from the War, and even sad memories. They reminiced over Ajihad and Brom, Eragon even told her of the memory he had left Saphira. She told him of a few stories of Brom while he turned Aren on his finger, the swirls of energy flooding his mind, but he did not draw upon it.

Then they continued to speaking of the future, and what they wished it to be. They spoke of eventually being able to come back to Alagasia for good after the Riders had been established. The dragons can stay in Alagasia but there is not a safe enough place to feed and train them, Saphira never ate as much as a growing dragon should have when she lived here. Firnen and Thorn had no problems though, Firnen hunts here because the elves don't eat meat. And Thorn had meat provided by the Egg Breaker, Ovroth and Zitha didn't have enough meat either until they came to Vroengard where the wildlife had overgrown. But when the Riders are established, they could bring wildlife back to Alagasia on boats guarded by dragons because the sea creatures are vicious and predatory.

They had still been talking about this calmly when the beating of two pairs of wings interupted them. The Riders didn't even move as they could already feel the mental presence of Saphira and Firnen before they heard the wings. They watched the dragons land around them and curl themselves so a large circle around Eragon and Arya was formed using their bodies, their tails twisted and their snouts touched lightly. The Riders didn't even change thier position at their dragons actions.

Raven, I see you two have gotten closer. It brings me joy.

I could say the same for you and Saphira. Firnen I think we have finally found our other life long companions.

We found them long ago Raven. We have just been reunited with them.

That is true.

She looked over at Eragon again, he seemed lost in though while he looked at Saphira. She thought they must be talking so she let it be and continued to rest in the sun. Eventually Eragon layed his head back down onto the blades of grass, "Saphira says the flower looks beautiful in your hair, I highly agree with her."

"Thank you Saphira, and thank you Eragon."

You needn't thank us for telling the truth Arya.

She laughed lightly at Saphira's statement before sliding her hands to fiddle with Eragon's hair. She found herself twisting small portions of his hair into traditional elven braids. They were not very long, but they were tight enough to stay there when she brought her fingers away from them. He turned to her smiling, "And may I ask what you've done with the small ends of my hair?"

"Hm, nothing that would irritate you. I think they look quite nice, it's just a few elven braids."

"I see, well if you placed them there I shall not mess with them."

She smiled in response and moved back to rest her head on his shoulder but changed her mind and instead twisted her body and set her head on his lower chest. He swept her hand into his own as she moved, this earned both of them a smile. So they stayed like this, talking now with the dragons that were curled around them. The afternoon fed into the sunset, none of them had realised this, but Aimon had seen the Riders laying closely. Aimon smiled and thought to himself, They really love each other. They may not have admited it to one another, but they love one another. Before he sulked back to his job of watching the elf that had tried to tear that apart.

Eventually the two of them got up due to their need to eat and drink, so they climbed into the folded leather saddles and flew back to the busy city of Ellesmera. Saphira and Firnen found a large enough spot to land before their Riders jumped off to go eat. They flew back into the air, communicating that they would be back by the time Eragon and Arya were done. And they kept their word, as soon as their Riders finished eating they landed back down. So they climbed back up into the saddles and just relaxed as they were taken back to the Crags of Tel'naeir. When they arrived the saddles were taken off and set aside where the morning dew wouldn't hurt the leather or metal.

"Eragon when should we leave for the Empire?"

"Hm, soon I think. Maybe we could surprise Nasuada as I surprised you?"

"I think she would like that, but Thorn and Murtagh might see us."

"What if he was in on it? He could get Nasuada to go to a certain place outside the castle to where we can land without making too much noise?"

"That would be smart, I could send him a note the day we leave to let him know. But I will only tell him i'm coming, I think he should be surprised with your return as well. It's your doing that he's protecting the Queen anyway."

"Fair enough, then it's decided. We will surprise Murtagh, then Nasuada when we arrive."

"Perfect. Then we shall leave the day after tomorrow. But now we rest, I nearly fell asleep at dinner."

"Very well." The two of them entered the small hut, each of them changing in their respective places before crawling into the bed. Arya and Eragon were less akward than last night, as she showed no resistance in curling herself into him. He wrapped his arms around her and drifted to sleep, his dreams were more vibrant than they had been for at least ten years.