Return to Illirea

To Arya's suprise,  Ellesmera didn't oppose her desicion. As she walked through the streets with Eragon they greeted her with sympathy, saying they felt horrible for not realising her distress. Some even thanked Eragon for making her happy again, as the two hadn't even realised but they were holding hands walking through the city. Saphira and Firnen walked close to them, their heads hanging over the two but their chests a distance away. Many elves had to jump out of the way of their tails, they swished back and forth on the path. She and Eragon had not left the comfort of the Crags of Tel'naeir yesterday, but they had Lord Daethedr come to them to discuss plans and their leaving.

They were walking through Ellesmera saying breif goodbye's and walking to Aimon who was guarding Zaorin. As they reached the so called jail cell, Saphira and Firnen were on their guard. They despised the two legged creature with a passion. As they pulled him out, Zaorin's eyes flickered between the dragons and their Riders.

"So, come to tell me you want me Arya?" Eragon's eyebrows pinched and his nostrils seemed to flair with anger, Arya squeezed his hand and gave him a reassuring smile.

"No. Eragon and I will be escorting your guards to Illirea. It has nothing to do with you, we just wish to see our friends and we want to make sure you don't cause anything troublesome." Without another word she motioned for the guards to bind him of all magic use, he was already bound in cuffs of sorts so no one had to worry about that. Eragon had reassured that if he were to break them, one of the dragons would have him pinned in seconds. They helped Zaorin sit himself onto a horse that was tied to two of the guard horses. Arya was quite happy that it was Aimon and his twin brother Alwin that were riding the steeds he was tied to.

The Riders had told them they would fly slow above them until they reached BullRidge, then they would fly ahead. They told them they would stay with the escort at night as well. As the horses began trotting away, Eragon and Arya fixed themselves in the saddles and strapped saddlebags and their legs in place. Saphira was the first to take to the skies but Firnen was not far behind her, they flew over the horses with steady wing movements. They did not fly above the clouds, as Eragon and Arya both wanted to keep the guard group in their sights. After about ten minutes, Eragon let his legs out of their holdings.

***

In only a few days, the group had reached BullRidge. Saphira, Firnen, and their riders said goodbye to the guards before heading to the meeting spot Arya had put in the note for Murtagh. As they neared the Ramr River, Eragon hid himself and Saphira with spells for invisability and scent so Thorn could not smell Saphira. As the water came into sight, so did the mass of ruby red scales and the small dot of black hair on Thorn's back. Saphira would have to time her landing with Firnen's just right, otherwise it would give them away. And so she did just that. Eragon timed his dismount to Arya's so he could be on the ground. Luckily they were standing on large slabs of rock so footprints wouldn't give them away either. Murtagh's feet hit the ground and he greeted Arya with the elf greeting.

"I apologize for the suddeness of my letter. But I feel like you'd want to see this before Nasuada. And do not worry, it's nothing bad."

"Well you do seem quite happy about it, so I must ask. What is it that has brought these emotions to front? The last time you spoke to Nasuada she told me your voice was dull."

"You'll find out. Just turn around!" As Murtagh turned back, Eragon released the spells and he and Saphira were visable again. Murtagh's eyes widdened as he approached his half brother. "Eragon! What are you doing here!? I thought you were on Vroengard!" Eragon pulled Murtagh into a tight hug before letting go and smiling at him.

"Well i've returned to see family and friends. I've been in Du Weldenvarden with Arya for a few days, there was an elf causing trouble that we helped escort here. Figured we could surprise you and Nasuada."