Strong Forces

As day bled into night, the reunited pair only grew happier, and much to their surprise, the elves had prepared a small feast for hsi return. Arya had discoverd it was Aimon that planned it, she thanked him and gave him a seat at the table, the dragons rested next to each other about ten feet behind their Riders. Arya was at the head of the long table and Eragon was to her left, Aimon was across from Eragon, Lord Daethedr next to him, Rhunon next to Eragon, along with some of the elves that had come back from Vroengard long ago.

They enjoyed themselves until it was too late for the small lanterns to light their faces. One by one they peeled off until only the two Riders were left. They stayed a small amount of time later than the rest before Eragon thought about his staying there.

"Arya, where shall I sleep? The home I stayed in will not be large enough for Saphira anymore i'm afraid."

"You could stay with me in the small house on the Crags of Tel'naeir if you'd like?"

"If it is no problem for you, I would love to. Plus, Saphira will have room to sleep where she pleases."

"Very well, let us be off." And so the two of them set themselves in the saddle and flew to the place that held a very dear place in Eragon's heart. The trees passed beneath them and after about three minutes, Firnen and Saphira dropped down next to the small hut. The first thing the Riders did was relieve them of the saddles. The two dragons spent their time walking around and stretching while Eragon and Arya sat outside with cups of warm tea. They treasured their time, but as Firnen came back to stand by the house he let out a low snarl and cast his voice out to Eragon and Saphira too.

Someone's here, they hide themselves in the trees like a cowardly bird.

Saphira stood next to him and her breathing got heavier, He speaks the truth, what cowardess. She roared deep, her breath shook the trees in front of her. She cast her mind out to the forest, Show yourself you helpless hider! Or face my fangs and claws, for I will search for you if you do not reveal who you are! Eragon stood up and gripped the pommel of brisingr, Arya was quick to stand next to him. Each Rider joined their dragons as they peered into the woods, rustling was heard before Saphira stuck her front claw into the forest. When she pulled it back out, a young elf with blonde hair was dangling by his tunic from her claws.

Arya seemed to fume with anger, "Zaorin! I have told you time and time again to leave me alone! Firnen has threatened you enough to scare any elf into a lifetime of hiding! Now you disturb me by spying on my home, including the fact that Eragon is our guest! Threatening him was just not enough?"

"Make this foul beast put me down!" Saphira let out a growl to his face, If you call me foul once again I will roast you like a chicken and eat you for dinner. She did not put him down but rather pulled him higher into the sky with her paw. Eragon himself was offended to his core at this elf's insults to Saphira. "If she dosn't roast you, I will not hesitate to, even if the magic kills me."

"Eragon, you and I both know it wouldn't take but a fraction of your energy to light him on fire. He is but mere skin and bones, I think Firnen and Saphira would enjoy it though."

You are correct Sparrow, I have wanted to light him on fire since the day he talked to you.

Arya and Eragon let out a small chuckle at the green dragon, Zaorin flung himself about in the air. His tunic would rip if he continued like that but no one stopped him. He was persistant on yelling to himself, "I swore I would have your hand in marrige when you were crowned Queen! And a Queen always needs a King, so I shall take that place!"

"Wow, you know I just got here this morning and this is what I see that someone dear to me has been dealing with. I am surprised she or Firnen has not slit you throat yet. But I suppose that is not the most of her worries, an inferior elf like you, insisting his place by her side and with a crown of his own. Personally I find it amusing that you think to win her heart with just that. Arya is the most beautiful person I have ever met, but did I ever force anything onto her. No. She is smart, fierce, brave, admirable, emotionally strong, not to mention the most powerful woman I ever did fight. I do not like that I had to cross blades with women but I was proud to even beat her once. She is stubborn in an amazing way, and she has the skill to do anything she pleases. Let me ask, what would she need you for?"