Lord Daethedr

When Eragon awoke, Arya was no longer shivering in his arms. But rather sleeping soundly, he smiled to himself but didn't move or get up in fear of waking her. The sun hadn't risen yet and he could feel Saphira's mind, he did not press because she too was sleeping. He gazed down to Arya, who's head was resting on his upper arm. It tingled just a bit but he didn't care, as long as she was able to sleep he was content. Without intending to, he fell back asleep.

His eyes opened again when there was motion displayed in front of him, Arya had begun to wake up and he could feel that the dragons were awake as well. He moved slightly, letting her know he was awake too, she faced him and smiled.

"Good morning Eragon."

"Good morning Arya, how did you sleep?"

"Well, for once, what about you?"

"I too slept well. I woke when the sun was still hidden though, I must have fallen back alseep."

"There is nothing wrong with that. Though we should prepare for the questions of my people, i'm sure rumors of Zaorin have reached all of Ellesmera by now."

"Agreed, I feel the need to accompany him to the Empire, but I don't wish to leave that soon."

"We could both visit the Empire, he doesn't have to leave right now. Besides, I want to see Nasuada and Murtagh and Thorn again."

"Murtagh and Thorn live in the Empire now?"

"Ah yes, I forgot we never told you about that! He returned years ago to Nasuada for his own personal reasons and there was a group that tried to harm her but they never got the chance with Thorn and Murtagh there, Nasuada called upon me to help her decide where they should stay. As he offered his services for the Empire leaving he and Thorn alone the years after the War, and so we opted for him to help protect Nasuada and the castle. That is when Thorn and Firnen met for the first time, that is also when Murtagh found out I had a dragon, and that you had left."

"I see, well i'm glad he's protecting the Queen. And i'm glad he took up my request to go back to the Empire when he had found himself. I do quite like your idea of both of us going to the Empire, who would you have take over here while you are gone?"

"Most likely Lord Daethedr, maybe even one of the council members. But I will have to make a decision permenately if I decicde to live on Vroengard with you and help train the new riders."

"Yes, if you'd like I can help speak with the council?"

"That may help, they are very fond of you Eragon, because you killed the king."

"Ah but you killed his dragon, that is a large feat in itself to even speak of."

"I did not like killing Shuikan but we had no choice. Although that is of the past, and this is now, we have many things to do, so let us be off."

With a nod of his head, Eragon grabbed a green tunic and a pair of black pants. He changed in the specific room rather quickly before slipping Brisingr onto his belt and placing Aren around his index finger on his right hand. Though he had called upon it to give him energy, the stone was still overfilled that he still thought it might crack. As the two of them grabbed the large leather saddles, their scaled companions flew from behind the house and landed back down in front of their Riders. As he approached Saphira, she crouched so he could begin the long process of clicking leather straps in the right places diving underneath her large legs and chest.

Morning Little One, I can tell the two of you slept well.

Good Morning Saphira, yes we did, as I can tell you and Firnen did the same.