Immortal Lovers

As guests arrived for the wedding, each one smiled at Eragon and Arya's coming. When Orik arrived he batted Eragon in the stomach and cursed him for not telling of his arrival. Eragon smiled at his adopted brother and explained to him everything that had hapened while he was back in Alagaseia. And just as Roran had said, they arrived the day before the wedding, Nasuada greeted them as did Murtagh and they were given a room just next to Eragon and Arya's. They soon found that Angela was to be the one marrying them, and much to Eragon's surprise she hadn't opposed when they asked.

When the day came and all the guests were sat on two sides, Eragon was the one to walk her down the aisle. Thorn was directly behind them, and Saphira and Firnen were at his sides. As they arrived at the front, they split off, Eragon and Saphira going to the left on Murtagh's side, Thorn moving around and stanging behind Angela in the middle, and Firnen stood next to Arya on the right. The ceramony began traditionaly, Eragon spoke for Murtagh and Arya spoke for Nasuada. Gifts from each side were presented and even Thorn was asked by Angela if he approved of their joining. Of course he had no objections and so it concluded and rings were brought forth, they were golden with one large diamond for Nasuada and there were small diamonds lining Murtaghs ring. The rings were placed on the left hand and on the finger next to the last. Angela smiled at the Queen and happily announced, "You may now join yourselves as one with a kiss!" and as they kissed the crowd cheered and the dragon lifted their heads to the sky, jetting flames along with loud roars to the clouds. Clapping and roaring filled Eragon's ears, he smiled wide at Arya who was also smiling at him.

The King and Queen led thier guests into the castle, but Arya and Eragon stayed behind and sat looking at the river. Her slim fingers tangled with his own, her bright green eyes following the river. Her smile as present as ever, Saphira and Firnen snaked themselves into the water, careful not to splash their riders.

~~~

Nasuada and Murtagh let their guests do as they pleased until the food was brought out, she scanned the crowd for the elven couple but she did not find them. She squeezed Murtagh's hand, "Where are Eragon and Arya? Did they not follow us back into the castle?"

"Thorn has told me where they are, come." So he led her back outside and quietly to where the ceramony had just taken place. The first thing she saw was the dragons in the river but other than that she saw Arya and Eragon sitting on a large patch of grass by the water with their hands intermingled. She smiled and watched as Arya tilted her head to rest on his shoulder, he brought their hands up and lightly kissed the back of her left hand. Nasuada's words were quiet, "Let us leave them, they belong to one another and deserve this moment to be theirs." Murtagh nodded and the now married couple re-entered the throne room to celebrate with their guests.

Even though she had not asked for gifts, some were still presented to her. She thanked them greatly and took the things given to her. About twenty minutes after she and Murtagh had come back, Arya, Eragon, Saphira, and Firnen returned from the river. Eragon and Arya had told her of a surprise at the river for when the guests had left and the feast was over.

"You think to tell me this now? At your words I want to go and look, but I shall respect the surprise and go when the guests have taken their leave. But you must come with me."

"Alright then." Arya smiled swiftly before Nasuada and Murtagh were approached by other people, she squeezed Eragons hand and connected their minds. This is the future of Alagaseia, with Murtagh around she will live much longer than she thinks.

Yes, he will be a worthy King, and a great father.

Agreed, I can only hope for thier happieness one day with you Eragon.

You are not the only one Arya, I have wished for even a sliver of what we have now for decades.

Well now you have it.