Chapter 21

Annora Pov

I look over at Asia and say, " Asia are you not speaking this morning."

"She's not allowed to speak," says Gideon.

"Well give her permission then."

He remains silent.

"Do it Gideon or no omelet for you."

He turns to her and nod.

Asia says, " I don't  have anything to say to someone who has it all."

See, this is why I refuse to even try to help this selfish bitch.

I drop the butter and vegetable into the pan and turn to her. "Do this look like I have it all to you," I said and lift my shirt up to show her all the healed stab wounds that Marius inflict upon me.

"I had to suffer greatly to get the respect I have now. I've paid my fucking dues. Your fucking parents sold me to Marius and made me sign a contract in blood or you die. So once again I sacrifice for your selfish ass. But I'm glad I did because despite all the wounds I'm finally free of family ties. You never had to work for shit. You are so use to others suffering for you, but guess what, now it's your time to pay your own dues. Gideon shut her ass up."

I turn back to the stove. The stove is a flat top so I can make around 3 omelets at one time. Ida makes toast and orange juice. After I'm done we all sit down to eat, then I realize my husband is missing.

"Where's Marius."

Everyone shrugged.

"How the hell no one knows where their leader is."

More shrugging and blank stares.

"Pathetic. If something happens to him you're all fired, especially you Gideon. Aren't you his right hand man."

"Annora he's still grown. He goes and come as he pleases. If he tells us to leave him along then that's what we do."

"Ridiculous. Hand me your phone."

He hands me his phone and I dial Marius number and put it on speaker so I still can eat.

Marius answer with a, "salut." 

I don't understand him so I say. "Marius it's me, where are you."

"Handling business, what can I do for you."

"Why the fuck are you talking to me like I'm a worker. You must be around a bitch."

He snort. "Like I can even get it up after you attacked me last night and this morning."  

Everyone snicker and cough.

"Well where are you. I was going to make you breakfast."

"I'm checking into what we talked about this morning."

"Oh ok. Can we talk when you come back."

"Yeah."

"Ok see ya," I say and hang up.

Everyone start back eating and I look over to Laura only to see her looking at us with her noise in the air.

I say," is there a problem Laura."

She replies," you're the lady of the house yet you sit here and eat with your workers and talk to them over breakfast that you yourself cooked. I'm just trying figure out my job description or will you be cleaning the house as well."

I tighten my grip on my fork and breathe through that dumb ass shit she just said.

I clench my teeth and say, " Gideon I'm close to disrespecting my elders. Get her out of here before I lose my patience. No don't Gideon. Ida walk her to the front door and fire her ass."