Chapter 39

Annora Pov

I awake with a jolt and then wince at the massive headache. I groan. Marius grandfather is the biggest evil dick there is. He shot us down like we were less than dogs. I touch the side of my head where I feel pain. I gasp. My hair is gone. I rub all over my head. I feel hair so it must be the only spot. 
I scream Marius' name when I think about my daughter and all the rest that were shot. 
I wince. God-damn my head hurt. 
I hear feet running. I see Jesus, Ida, Adam and Marius. 
They all hug me and cry. 

Marius comes in last holding Cataleya. 
I take a deep breath. Marius leans down and kisses me then sits Cataleya on my lap. I cry when I see a bandage on her neck. 

"Baby, I'm happy and relieved that you're ok. How do you feel?"

"I'm ok mama," she replied then grabbed my neck in a tight hold. 

I look at Marius. "Marius, why are you over there, come here. How long have I been out."

He smiles sadly at me then comes and raises me up so he can sit behind me and hold me. "You've been out a month. Your head injury has been difficult to pin down. So they put you in a coma."  

I feel how everybody is feeling, they are tense, sad and scared for some reason. 

"Y'all know I feel all the nervousness and twichesness, what's going on. Marius where's Coulder."

"Annora," he said softly and beaten. I feel his anguish and agony and pain. 

"No Marius, where's Asia, Lena and Gideon and Juan."

"Annora calm down baby. Your head injury can worsen if you don't calm down."

I look at Jesus, Adam and Ida. "Tell me."

Marius says, " Juan is dead. Asia and the baby are dead, my mom will pull through, she needed a transplant. She's been in recovery for 3 days, she should be up and going soon."

My heart thumps and hurts for Asia. I have no more family left. My sister was finally doing good. She didn't deserve this.

I look over at Adam and Ida. "I'm so sorry." Ida nodded while she cried on Adam's chest.

"Marius, where's Coulder. Even Cataleya held her head from my chest. She wanted to know that answer also. 

"Baby, when you were shot I lost it. I left here to go attack my grandfather which was a stupid decision because I didn't have a plan. I just attacked wildly. Coulder came to save me and was blown from the mountain. He's dead baby."

My breath catches and I feel my heart explode. My temple throbs as I wail and wail as Marius holds me and Cataleya. I feel something in my brain shift and I pass out. 

When next I awake I'm at home in my bedroom. I sit up and see Marius is in bed sleeping with Cataleya on his chest. 
I stare at him. I just knew I was going to lose him to this war. I was afraid for him and even was trying to adjust to the thought of his death. But I never thought that Coulder would be gone. Who will be the peacemaker between Marius and me now. I don't want to be without Coulder. Now everything seems so wrong. I picture him in my head smiling and looking at me with that intense look. Not only have I lost Coulder, but my last living relative. Asia died in the most horrible way. Her and her baby. I was looking forward to being an auntie, but now I never will be. 

My breath hitch and I let out a cry. I can't hold it. Marius wakes up and looks over at me.

"Marius," I say his name with so much agony in my voice. He picks up Cataleya and takes her to her room. He comes back and lay with me.