Chapter 38

Marius Pov

I hear a click, then another click. 
He screams in frustrations. Then I hear guns going off and all his guards that he bought inside with him fall dead except one. He’s shooting them all. 

It’s the guard with the hoodie and sunglasses. When he turns to me and removes the hoodie and sunglasses he says, “I told you your grandfather was a dick wad.” 

I breathe a relieved breath. Man that was close. I smile. “I’m happy to see you Coulder.”

“I’m going to beat your ass for hitting me with a gun.” 

“That was an accident,” I replied. 
“Mmm,” he says, then comes and unties me. 

I look over to my grandfather and see him struggling. Three men are surrounding him and holding him so he won’t move. 

I smile at him and he shivers. “You should be very afraid, old man. I told you my crew will get your ass and what do you know, it’s my crew that has come here that's fucking your shit up. I mean they blew shit up. I'm so proud of them." I laugh.

Coulder says, “Marius the aircraft is here. Let’s move this party.”

I say, “oh yes, let’s do.”

I motion at the three fellas that Marius bought with him. When I motion with my arm I wince. I forgot I was shot in the arm. 

Then Coulder is shoving a needle in my neck. I grab my neck and feel the wound. I look at Coulder. “What the hell was that.”

“Nerves and tissue suppressant.”

I move my arm again and smile. Damn I don’t feel anymore pain. 

I look toward the three gentlemen again. “I take it I’m looking at some members of the corbinvenous clan.”

They smile and nod. Then they glare at my grandfather. 

Coulder says, “ok let’s go. I’ll take up the rear, Marius you take the lead. We're going straight back then heading North towards the water. And watch closely. I’m sure we didn’t get everybody. Adam and Ida are already headed to the aircraft. Here.”

He hands me a gun and I nod. I look at my grandfather. “Come on pops, you’re coming with us.”

He glares and continues to struggle. He offers to pay Coulder’s crew money if they let him go.
The only answer was to punch him in the face. 

“Let’s go.” I take the lead and head out. Once we reach outside we go around back and head towards the water. We make it to the aircraft minutes later. While the aircraft hover over the mountain I turn to my grandfather. 

“I wish I could torture you slow for hours and weeks, but as you can see I’m in a hurry. Coulder hand me that long ass machete you have strap to your leg.”

 Coulder hands me the machete. He then pulls out a smaller knife and walks up to my grandfather. “This is for Annora and Catalaya,” he jammed the small knife into his gut and turned it. My grandfather yells and spits blood. He tries to fall but Coulder’s men hold him up.

I walk up to him and smile. “Hold his arms out fellas.” The crew holds his arms out. I raise the machete up and bring it down on his right arm. 

He yells and tries to hold his arm to stop the bleeding.  “You can let him go now.” They let him go. He falls down still screaming. 

I raise the matchet up again and chop off his left leg. I lean down into his face.

“I’ll make a deal with you. If you can stay a float I’ll save you.” I smile. He looks confused. But realization dawn when I start rolling him towards the cliff with my shoe. I kicked him all the way to the edge of the mountain. 

“Please Marius. I am your graaaaaand…”

He didn’t finish. I kicked him hard in the face and he went toppling over the mountain into the water. I overlook the cliff into the water to see if he can swim with limbs missing. One from each side of his body. We’ll never know because sharks smelled the blood and are now eating his ass up.

I spit over the side then walk off toward the aircraft. I got in, then Coulder’s crew got in. When Coulder move to get in an explosion happen. I saw enough to see that Coulder is blown to the side and off the cliff. Then we’re hit again. The aircraft takes off into the air with a blown and smokey engine.

I say, “noooo!!!!, we have to go back. Land this motherfucker.”

“Sir, I can’t, we have a blown engine and men are down there with bombs. They could throw one inside here and we’ll all be dead.”  

I looked over the side of the mountain, but I couldn’t see shit. I sat back down defeated. I look over at his men. They seem unbothered.

I say, “ I’m sorry, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuuuccckkkkk.” I scream and hit the ceiling of the helicopter repeatedly.
My thoughts are racing. Fuck. He came here to save my dumb impulsive ass and lost his own fucking life. No. I refuse to believe that he’s dead. He’s Declan fucking Harp. He doesn’t die. He does the killing. Not the dying. My breath hitch. My head hurt. I’ve had so many emotional states in such a short period of time. I cried so much and experienced so much heartache that I feel like a pussy.

But if loving people make you feel this way then I’m glad I got to know them all. I wouldn’t trade them for nothing. There is no more big bad mafia Marius. I’m hurt and defeated. I killed my grandfather but at what cost. Everybody is fucking dead or in the hospital. 

I look over at Ida and Adam. “Thank you for coming,” I couldn’t finish before I became choked. I look next to Ida and see a figure that is wrapped up. 

Ida nods and smiles at me. She removes the blanket and I gasp. 

“Dad.”

He’s so skinny and malnourished, which is weird looking because he’s so tall. I cross over to him and kneel. I shake him. He opens his eyes and stares down at me. After blinking several times he smiles at me. “Marius.?” His voice comes out choked and raspy from non use.     

I nod. “Save your strength, do not talk.” Now I’m worried about him. He looks like he will barely make it. He’s skinny. His rib cage is showing. His face is sunken and his eyes are hollow and empty. That bastard has been torturing my father for eight years. I knew my grandfather's story didn’t add up. That’s why I started my own investigation. 

“Your grandfather had an underground area that drops off into the sea. He had prisoners and slaves down there. After we freed them we saw your dad in the cell at the end barely alive. I had to bring him even though it looks bad.”

I nod and thanked her again. I hope he pulls through. My dad is a fighter. He’s like ida. He doesn’t fight until it’s absolutely necessary. He’s soft and caring, just like Ida, that’s why I was pissed when he went missing then assumed dead months later. 

I’m happy he’s here though. I need this win. This is the light at the end of a dark ass tunnel. 
My mind goes back to Coulder. I will come back for him. I will not believe he is dead. Wherever he is he can take care of himself. Right now I have to fix what’s left of my family. 

Don't forget to vote.

Is Coulder dead. Well I can tell you now. Go ahead and morn the big bad Declan Coulder Harper Beck. 🥺🥺🥺🥺. R.I.P.

Marius feels so lost and defeated with his dumb ass. 😅😅. He never should've went there with a plan. Just dumb. 🤬🤬🤬.

Now he has to go back home. Or to the hospital. What will he find there. Who's all dead and who all alive.