Chapter 26

Coulder Pov

Marius doesn’t move yet. He calmly says, “ In the cabinet under this island are two shotguns, 3 semiautomatic rifles and three hand grenades. I’m going to get Gideon and my cousin. You go get Annora. I will meet you at the cliff.” 

After he says this he quickly moves to grab the weapons. Before I could blink he threw a grenade out the window at the gunmen. Which was a good idea because it would alert the house of an attack but also kill some gumen in the process. Marius also knew what he was doing when he put me in charge of getting Annora. He knows I will protect her with my life. 
I quickly shoot a couple of shotgun rounds and made my way upstairs while dodging bullets. 
When I make it upstairs Annora is already up and getting dressed. 
“Coulder, thank god you’re ok. Where’s Marius.”
“He’s safe. Here. I need you to hold this,” I say handing her the shotgun. “If anybody comes up behind us or tries to grab you. I need you to pull that trigger.”

“Coulder, I’m scared.”
“I know, but I need bad ass Annora to come out. The one who stands up to big bad mafia men and a crazy psycho like me. We’re upstairs, baby. We are boxed in. The only way is down those stairs. I will go first. I need you to be my backup ok.”

She nods. “ I’ll protect you Coulder.”

“I know you will baby. Now let’s go.”
We leave from the room and make our way to the stairs. I grab the semiautomatic rifle tight and start raining bullets downstairs. It sounds like Marius is in a gun fight for his life. We make our way down the stairs and toward the gun fight. Marius is pinned down in his office. The patio door is 6 feet to his left but he’s pinned behind his desk. I come up behind the gunmen and rein bullets in their backs.

After they drop. I step into the office and yell Marius' name. I see he has himself, Gideon and Ida with him. 
“Marius!!,” Annora yells and throws her arms around him and holds him. 
Marius says, “are you ok baby.”

I smile at him. “Of course she is.”

Marius says,” ok, we need to make it to the cliff.” He hands Gideon some guns and ammo and Ida also. 

Annora says, “ Ida are you ok.”

“Yes Ann, I’m fine.”

“Gideon where’s Asia.”
He cursed, “ in the basement locked in a cage.”   

“Why the fuck would you have her in the basement.”
“Because she’s a bitch and will be treated like one until her behavior changes.”
She turns to Marius,” we have to go get her Marius.”

I say,” Annora we don’t know how many people are trying to kill us. That was probably the first wave. There could be more coming.”

“ I don’t care, she doesn't deserve to die like that.”
“Gideon says, “I’ll go.”

Marius nods, “ hurry back, we’ll wait here and cover you.”
On his way out I handed him some grenades.

He leaves and is back within minutes. We didn’t hear any gun play so no one is in the basement yet. 
The whole time Marius is on his phone. When he hangs up he says,” ok let’s make our way to the cliff. When we leave out these doors we might be in another gun battle. I want everyone to form a circle facing all directions until we get to the tree line. Ready let’s go. Annora stay close to me ok. My grandfather sent those men. They are professionals and know what they are doing. If you see a red dot shoot towards it. It’s night and that will give us a little cover. ”
Everyone nods and ready their weapons.   

Marius Pov

I’m mad as hell and scared. This is why my grandfather wanted me to honor that contract so I can fall in love and have a family while he comes in and snatch it all away from me. He knows what I’ve been planning I’m sure. I will overthrow him or die trying. That’s where Coulder comes in. That’s why I let Annora have him. When my grandfather comes, he comes strong and I will die trying to kill him and avenge my father. I don’t want to leave Annora and my baby without a protector. I know Coulder will protect and provide for them. 

I walk toward my patio doors and kick them open and start firing. Everyone else comes behind me firing and shooting. As we’re 6 feet from the house it explodes. We all fall down from the heat at our backs. While on the ground I see infrared dots in the trees and curse. That’s the way we need to go. 
I grab Annora and pull us behind a shed. Everybody follows. 
“Nora, are you ok, how’s my baby doing.”
“We’re fine Marius.”
I look at Coulder. “I need you to get behind that treeline and take them out. We’ll cover you. Take Ida with you.”

Annora says, “ Marius, you can’t send Ida out there, are you crazy.”
“Baby Ida serves as a double purpose in our lives.”

Minutes later it was confirmed when we see Ida and Coulder slicing necks and going hand to hand combat with my grandfather's goons.

I turn to Gideon, “let’s go.”

After a little more gun play we cleared the trees and made our way to the cliff. Then I hear it. The sound that I have been waiting for. Helicopter blades. The helicopter hovered right at the edge of the cliff. 
I helped Annora onto the helicopter, then Gideon and Asia joined her. I stay at the entrance waiting for Coulder and Ida. Seconds later I see them running towards the cliff. I hear shots and Coulder go down.

Short chapter. Just wanted to give you a little tease.

Vote and comment if you like.