Chapter 8

Error had just woken up when Dream and Ink reappeared.  He had woken up in time to hear Dream asking if Ink liked him.  This had made him very curious.  How far did Ink's liking him go?  Did he like him or love him?  Does Error feel the same about Ink?  If he does, why?  Is that why he wants to get Ink a soul?

Error pushed the questions aside, waiting for Ink's answer.

"Would... it be bad if I said I didn't know?"

Error sat up.

"Not-ot at all, Squ-qu-quid."

"You're sure?"

Error nodded and examined his wrist.  They had done a pretty good job fixing it.

He spoke as he stood, "Welp-lp-lp, I shou-ould probably be-be going.  Um-m-mm, thanks for helping-ing?"

"Any time, Glitchy."

Error opened a portal to his antivoid and stepped through, closing it behind him.  He then proceeded to open a portal to ReaperTale, seeing if what he had done worked.  Life was in the gardens again, holding the start of a swirling soul of paint.  It was only red at the moment, but the only thing they had added was anger.

"Did it-it work?"

"I believe so, friend," Life looked at his bandaged wrist.  "What happened there?"

"O-Oh, it's noth-thing.  I can take ca-care of it.  I nee-ee-eed to get that next-xt emotion anyway."

He opened another portal to his antivoid and started thinking about how to get the next one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been about two days since Error had gotten the first emotion.  Planning on envy next, he didn't actually know how.  He hadn't fought Ink and vice versa, so that was out of the question.  The only reason he had gotten one last time was that he caught an upset Ink and made him feel better.  Would he be able to handle a hug?  If he could then that would work.  But if he didn't, then what would he do?

Error didn't want to make it obvious, but he also wanted to actually get it done as soon as possible.  He thought about Ink's old sash, but those might not work with Ink's newer ones.  Would Dream or Blue help him?  It was doubted, as while Error wanted Ink to be like a normal person, Dream and Blue would've only helped with the good emotions.  That would put a small stop to things.  How would he do this...?