Anxiety

10:34 AM, September 12. Chapter: ???

Ink had been getting better with his medication habits. Error had made sure of that. He was really glad that Ink was doing his best. Sometimes, it was hard for him, especially after a nightmare, but he still kept himself from grabbing that prescription out of the cupboard. Instead of doing that, he had taken to drawing whatever he thought of out on paper. Sometimes it was random thoughts. Other times it was actually good ideas.

In Error's opinion, the worst ones were when he walked in and found Ink staring at the paper. Staring at the paper like it needed to burn. Staring at the paper like he'd rather skip sleep the rest of his life than look at it. Those were the worst times, in Error's opinion. They probably were for Ink too, but he didn't mention it if they were. At those times, Error would usually walk over and crumble up the horrid paper, the only thing Ink was fine with him destroying, and give him a large hug. They'd then usually watch a movie together or Ink would get an idea, so Error would sit next to him and watch him draw.

He liked the huge smile Ink had on his face while drawing. It was adorable. This day, Ink couldn't get whatever the nightmare had been out of his head. Error could tell and knew that Ink wouldn't go back to sleep this late in the morning. He was obviously tired, though had feigned sleep until Error had woken up, then proceeded to follow Error like a puppy. Error mostly made sure that he had eaten this morning and that he didn't get cold. Then they just cuddled quietly. Error wouldn't make Ink talk about it if he didn't want to. Eventually, Ink glanced up at him.

"Error...?"

Error looked down at him, "Ya...?"

"You'll... always be here... right...?"

"Of cou-ourse... I wouldn't leav-eave for the world... why...?"

"My... nightmare... you had died..."

"Ink, you know-ow-ow that won't happen for a lo-ong time..."

"No... not naturally... someone killed you... it looked like Nightmare... but he was... different..."

Error couldn't help but hold Ink closer.

"It's alrigh-igh-ight... it's only a night-tmare... it won't co-come true..."

He rubbed Ink's back as the smaller skeleton started crying.

"You almost did leave me, once..."

"I-I know... but I did-idn't... and I wo-o-on't... I promise..."

Ink sniffled, "I know... but sometimes I can't help thinking..."

He drifted off. Error placed a kiss on Ink's forehead.

"It's alright... yo-you don't need to thi-think about that... it w-won't happen..."

"I know..."

Error and Ink cuddled for a while, Ink still sniffing every once in a while. Error did his best to comfort Ink, finally glad when the smaller skeleton had gone to sleep. He put on a movie, turning the volume down to keep from waking Ink, and kept it on as background noise to fill the silence. Despite being in a house, the house was still in the antivoid, so he'd start hearing voices again if there wasn't something else.