Dreams and Nightmares

A little side note that the dates and chapter are based on the Cream(When Siblings Can't Share) side of things

~~~~~~~~~~~~

3:27 am, August 23. Chapter: ???

Tap, tap, tap.

It was too early. Or maybe it was too late. Ink didn't know. He had long since lost track of time.

Tap, tap, tap.

Sitting at his desk in the office, Ink was tapping his pencil against it. A blank piece of paper sat in front of him, waiting to be filled. He was trying his hardest to draw, to calm himself down.

Tap, tap, tap.

It wasn't working. There was nothing in his mind other than the nightmare that had woken him up.

Tap, tap, tap.

Ink looked up. Barely thirty seconds had passed. Sighing, he looked back down at the blank sheet.

Tap, ta-

The pencil stopped tapping, being gripped frustratedly. He'd had enough of that sound, the constant tapping, even if he was causing it. He had nothing and the twitch was distracting himself even more. Taking in a deep breath, he gently set the pencil down next to the paper. Letting the breath go, he stood from his chair. Ink took deep breaths, in and out, opening the door to the office. He had left it open, letting the light flood into the hall.

Quietly walking down the stairs, he was aiming for the kitchen. There was no need to turn on any lights. He could see well in the dark. It was really just a matter of making sure Error didn't wake up. The kitchen was nice and large, bearing the average stove, sink, and fridge. The cupboards were all decorated to match OuterTale. All except two.

Both were hanging cupboards, though remained different from each other. One was rainbow and the other was black with glitch-like red spots and small blue strings on the handle. Despite one belonging to Ink and the other to Error, they were still attached. Sure, they liked sharing cupboard space, but sometimes they liked keeping the things they gorged on to themselves. Ink sometimes stuffed old drawings in his, along with his favorite foods... and sometimes his medication, so he'd remember. He was pretty sure Error kept some chocolate and most of his crafting supplies in his.

Ink opened his cupboard and reached inside. He didn't really know what he was looking for, unfortunately. Ink grabbed what he didn't know he was looking for, but paused when Error wrapped his arms around Ink, setting his chin on the smaller skeleton's head. He seemed tired but had still found Ink. The taller skeleton slipped the pill bottle out of Ink's hand, setting it back in the cupboard, and closed the door.

"Ink..."

"Hmm...?" Ink hadn't taken his eyes off the counter in front of him.

"Yo-ou need to st-st-stop with this kind-d of stuff..."

"Hmm..."

"Was it anoth-oth-other nightmare...?"

"Maybe..." his voice was quiet. He didn't want to think, or speak, or move. Error could tell and simply picked Ink up, carrying back to where they had been sleeping.

"Well, you ca-ann tell me in the mor-or-orning... for now, you need more sleep..."

Ink let Error adjust him to be carried bridal style. The ex-creator let the ex-destroyer carry him into the bedroom. The smaller skeleton easily cuddled up to the bigger skeleton as he laid them down together and covered them up. He let Error hold him close, protectively and felt himself start to fall asleep, feeling like nothing could hurt him with Error sleeping next to him.