Chapter 15

Error was sitting on the couch about a week later.  He was working with the new colors Ink had gotten him.  Ink had wanted to watch a movie and was now laying on the couch, asleep, next to him.  Something had never crossed Error's mind, but it did now: how well did Ink sleep?  The only reason he thought of it was that Ink seemed to be struggling to sleep properly.  He had turned over and was breathing heavily.  A nightmare?  Setting his work down on the side table, Error pulled himself closer to Ink, seeing if he could help.

"Ink...?"

There was no response.

"In-Ink?" Error shook Ink slightly, getting him to open his eyes a bit.

"Hmm...?"

"Ink... ar-re you alri-ri-right...?"

"Ya... why...?"

"It-t-t... seemed like you-u were having a nigh-ghtmare... I got kind of-of-of worried..."

"Maybe it was..."

"Do... you wan-a t to talk abou-out it...?"

Ink shook his head and sat up, still looking tired.

"If you want to-o go back to sle-le-leep... you can sleep agai-ainst me or somet-mething..."

"But... you haven't completely healed yet..."

"You wo-on't hurt me... no ne-ne-need to worry..."

"You're sure...?"

Error nodded and Ink moved closer to Error, leaning against him.  Picking up what he had been working on, Error continued, glancing at Ink every once in a while until he was sure that Ink had fallen back asleep.  After a while, Error's "eyelids" started to get heavy and he set his work back down, going to sleep himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ink hadn't been able to go back to sleep, but he was happy to have Error try to help him.  He listened to the clicking of the needles until, eventually, they stopped and Error started snoring softly.  He couldn't help but take Error's hand and mutter, barely audibly.

"I love you, Glitchy..."

Ink could've sworn he heard a small, 'I love you too, Squid' from Error.