Injuries(Part 2)

10:31 am, November 9th.  Chapter: ???

Error looked at the woman from over his shoulder as she approached.  A knife hung on her belt, but she didn't reach for it as she examined Ink.

"Uh, exc-xc-xcuse me, but who are you-ou?"

Her blue eyes glanced at him, "Marintha, Soul Seer.  This one's injured.  We should get him to the castle and quickly."

Error picked up Ink bridal style and stood.

"Cast-tle?"

"Oh, yes.  Come."

Error followed as she walked through the snow to snowdin so casually despite thinking that Ink would probably bleed out at some point.  Once they got to snowdin, a couple of guards flanked her and one walked in front of her, letting Error follow without question.  They picked up the pace a bit with the guards.  Where had they come from?  He didn't know or care as they quickly made their way through Snowdin, then Waterfall, waving hello to Muffet as they passed through.  Error wasn't really worried, knowing Ink couldn't die, though still tried to be in a hurry as the smaller skeleton started waking up.

"Hmm... Error...?"

"H-hmm...?"

"Where are we...?"

"Still in-n SeerTale...  we're go-o-onna get you fixed... don't worr-orry..."

Ink closed his eyes again, "Ok..."

Eventually, they made it to the castle and through the judgment hall.  Almost immediately, the three guards were replaced with Queen Toriel who leaned over as the two quietly talked,  making their way to the hospital wing.  The doctors in the wing took Ink to patch up his wound.  Queen Toriel and Marintha sat at a small table in the corner, offering to let Error join them.  He had a few questions and didn't want to wait alone, so he took the offer.

"Ca-an... I ask you a few-ew things?"

"Go ahead, Dear.  We'll gladly answer them," Toriel motioned with her hand for Error to continue.

"What, exa-xactly, is a Soul Seer-er?"

"A Soul Seer is a being that is, in simplest terms, able to work with souls without a problem.  In trade for seeing other's souls, they have no visions."

So that's why she had been going to casually at first.  The souls had been too far to track properly.

"Why ar-ar-are you here?  Shouldn't yo-ou still be-e at the r-r-ruins?"

"Me?  Oh, I came more to be a symbol for the monsters to show we truly have reached peace with humans, even if I still hate Asgore's guts."

"Oh.  So you bot-oth live in the castl-stle?"

Marintha nodded, "Any Soul Seer is automatically protected, due to them being so rare, and Toriel is the Queen."

"Hmm... intere-re-resting, I guess."

The doctor called for Error to let him see Ink and he was quicker than he thought as he went to see if Ink was alright.  He was glad to see that Ink was fine and awake.  He hugged Ink tightly, careful of his chest.

"I was worrie-ied, Ink..."

"I can tell..." Ink hugged Error back happily.  "But you don't need to worry... I'm alright now..."

"I kn-know... I'm glad for-or that..."

"So where are we now...?"

"The SeerTa-Tale castle..."

"And how'd we get here...?"

"Appare-are-arently this world is a lot-t nicer than I thou-ought... and weirder-er..."

"You think everything new is weird..."

"I know I do-do..."

Ink let out a small huff of laughter, making Error smile.

12:00 pm, November 12th.  Chapter: ???

It had been three days since the incident.  The doctors had wanted to make sure Ink was going to be alright and that he didn't have a concussion from the hit Nightmare had given him.  He didn't, which was good.  Error was glad when they finally stepped through the portal into their home.  He was glad Ink was safe.  He was glad he might not have to deal with Nightmare for a while longer.  He was just glad.  And hungry.  He and Ink were both hungry, so Ink went inside to make lunch, and Error quickly followed to help him.