Chapter 11

Error had hugged Ink for two reasons.  One was because Ink seemed like he had needed it, which Error was correct about.  The other was to get another vial.  Once Ink had felt better and left, Error took the vial he had gotten out of his pocket and looked at it.  Sadness.  This would be interesting.  Opening a portal to ReaperTale, he stepped through and quickly found Life.

"You-you got th-the last one, right-ght?"

"Yes, I did.  You have another?"

Error held up the vial.  Life took it and went to add it.  Opening a portal to his antivoid, Error waited for about three hours, thinking of what he would do for this one.  Eventually, he came up with an idea, even if he didn't like it, and opened a portal to the doodle sphere.  The first thing he saw was Ink, laying on the ground, almost asleep and breathing heavily. He moved next to Ink as fast as possible, seeing tears both staining his face and still in his eye sockets.

"Ink-nk...? What hap-happened...?"

"Error... I don't..." he sniffled. "Want to be forgotten..."

"Oh-h, no, shh..." Error wiped away more tears that fell with his sleeve. "It's alright-ght... you won-on't be forgot-got-gotten..."

"You promise...?"

"I pro-promise..."

Error gently held Ink's hand, "Slee-eep might help-lp-lp..."

"And you'll stay...?"

Error nodded.  Once Ink was alright, he'd find out who had hurt Ink and he might even murder them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ink didn't know how long he'd been asleep.  But he did know that Error was with him the entire time.  How?  When he opened his eyes, Error was asleep next to him, still holding his hand, though keeping some distance with his haphephobia.  Carefully, Ink took his hand from Error's, letting him sleep.  He sat up, wiping away what was left of his tears.

He spoke quietly, not wanting to wake Error, "Oh, Glitchy... you will always be quite the mystery to me..."

Error didn't open his eyes, but he did mutter, "And why-hy's that...?"

"Because one day you crash while we're fixing your hand and the next you hold my hand while we're asleep for who knows how long..."

"May-ay-aybe I like and tru-trust you more th-than Carrot..."

"So if I had fixed your hand, you wouldn't have crashed...?"

"Corr-orrect..."

"How's your hand doing, by the way?"

Error opened his eyes and looked up at Ink, kind of shrugging, "No ide-dea."

"Well, if something else happens, just find me and I'll help."

"Alrigh-ight," Error stood up, opening a portal to his antivoid. "I'll be going-ing.  Bye, Ink."

"Bye, Error."

With that, Error disappeared through the portal, and Ink curled in on himself.  While he was glad he wouldn't be forgotten by Error, he didn't want Error to be the only one to remember him.

Because if he was and something happened to him, then Ink's worst nightmare would come true...