Chapter 12

I'm just gonna mention this quick: I have a headcanon that, despite Ink being the leader of the Star Sanses, because he is the stupidest, Blue and Dream act as his parents so, whenever he gets in trouble and they ask who his parents are, he'll give them Blue's number since Dream doesn't have a phone and they actually scold him and stuff

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ink didn't know why Nightmare did it or how he did it so quickly.  It had only been a day since he'd last seen Error and now... Nightmare was holding the beaten and broken skeleton by his previously injured wrist, which was daring to shatter and drop him.  Ink didn't know what to look at first and he honestly didn't want to know.  Not as Nightmare dropped Error and walked away, laughing.  Quickly, Ink moved, picking up Error and making sure he didn't fall apart before getting him to the nearest hospital.  They took him and did their best to fix him.

Ink didn't know if Error would be alright, but he really hoped so.  He sat in the waiting room, almost crying.  Eventually, one of the doctors came to lead him to Error.  His immediate response to seeing Error was to pull up a chair, hold Error's hand and wait.  And so he did.  He was determined to stay with Error, even when the doctors said that the injuries had put him in a coma and they didn't know if he was going to wake up, though Ink snapped when, refusing to think that he'd lose Error.  They asked for the number of Ink's parents so they could contact them if something happened.  Ink gave them Blue's and continued to wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ink didn't know how long he'd been waiting for Error to wake up.  The doctors had let him stay as long as he wanted, not pushing him to go home.  They also made sure that he ate and slept properly.  Days had melded into weeks or maybe even months and Ink still hadn't left.  Eventually, the doctors called Blue to tell him about Ink and he and Dream were at the hospital within minutes.  When they showed up, Ink was sitting on the couch and staring up at the ceiling blankly.  He had long since run out of paints and didn't notice the two.

Dream walked closer to him, "Ink...?"

Ink lifted his head and looked at Dream and Blue silently.  Dream continued, "How long have you been here...?"

The only response was silence as Ink looked over at Error.

Blue spoke, still by the door of the room, "Ink..." it wasn't a question.  It was a quiet demand.

Ink finally spoke, his voice a bit raspy from being unused, "I don't want to leave him..."

Blue went over and hugged him, "You don't have to... but at least tell us next time... you disappeared and we couldn't find you... when the doctors called, you really scared us..."

Ink started crying and Dream came and sat down next to him, rubbing his back to try and make him feel better.