Irrational Fears

4:56 PM, Nevember 24th.  After Chapter 11

Error and Ink were sitting at the table, Ink's previously hurt arm laid out on it.

"Can-an you move y-your fingers-ers-ers for me?"

Ink moved his fingers a bit, stretching them before letting them rest.  It kind of hurt to use his arm.  He didn't blame Error for being worried.  After all, it's not every day Nightmare tears your arm off.

"And flex-x-x your a-arm?"

Ink flexed his arm, letting it rest again after Error was sure that it worked properly.  Error glanced up at Ink, noticing he looked tired.

"Is-Is someth-thing wrong...?"

"No... my head just hurts a bit..."

His eyes seemed to say more than that, like he needed rest, but he was scared that Nightmare would come and do something else.  Of course, this had spiked Ink's anxiety a bit, as he'd barely been able to get Cross out.  What he said was that Nightmare had grabbed his arm and it snapped off, though, before it could've been dragged away, Cross used some of the little energy he'd had to take up a knife and slice off that part of the tentacle, grabbing it before they left.  If he hadn't done that, Ink would've lost his arm and possibly even Cross.  Nightmare had screamed at Ink that he was useless when they'd grabbed his arm and ran.  Error quietly stood and went to Ink's cupboard.  He took out the pill bottle, followed the instructions on it and gave the pills and a cup of water to Ink.  Ink looked up at him.

"Y-You're sure...?"

"I-I-I can only do so-o much... this shou-ould at-at least hel-help you slee-ee-eep..."

"O-Ok..."

Ink took what Error gave him, drinking the entire cup of water, and leaned against the table in front of him, waiting for it to take place as Error put the bottle back.  Closing the cupboard, Error moved to the chair right next to Ink, holding the smaller skeleton close to him.  He calmed down as Error muttered that he wasn't useless and that he'd never be forgotten.  Eventually, Ink fell asleep against Error and Error scooped him up, moving him somewhere more comfortable that Error could still watch him from.  They hadn't wanted to move Cross, so he was still on the couch.  Dream was still asleep in the chair.  He chose the love seat, setting Ink down a covering him with a blanket.

He sat down next to Ink and Ink adjusted, his head on Error's leg like a pillow.  Error set his hand on Ink's head and leaned back, watching over the living room.  He was being cautious, in case Nightmare decided to follow Ink and Cross.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, y'all get to choose whether or not Nightmare attacks.  I really don't know, I'm just a bit bored, I guess, but that's irrelevant, anyway-