Chapter 4 (1st change)

Chapter 4 (First change)

The next morning, I woke up. I had to kick myself up as my phone keep beeping. It was 7.30am. I need to rush and do my morning routine. According to Mr Lam, I should be down latest at 9am. I thought I should be a bit early and see how the morning looks like.

When I was about to go downstairs, I find the whole place really quiet. There wasn't any sound at all of anyone talking or chatting away. I was surprised because my house was totally different. Maybe because of my mom and I as we were the two really lively people.

I saw maid keeping the breakfast from the table left from Mr Xiao Zan but they were all quiet and not communicating. The house was all quiet and I can't stand it anymore. I walk to Mr Lam and ask him

"What is happening, why is the house so quiet?"

"Oh, this had been like this even before Mr Xiao was born. The old master is a man who like quietness" Mr Lam reply like this is how it should have bee.

"Gosh!!!!, tradition are meant to be broken. I feel like I am in a funeral home" Yibo reply

"Mr Xiao has left to work early, seems like he has an early appointment" Mr Lam

"Do you like to have breakfast" Mr Lam.

"I will eat with you all. I am no more a guest but a housekeeper, mmm...I wonder where would I sleep rather than the guest room, Mr Lam, do you know?"

"Bodie, I don't know because young master has no instruction yet" Mr Lam reply with a smile.

Does that mean I continue to stay in the guest room, that does not seems appropriate. I will talk  Xiao Zan when he is home tonight.

After a hefty breakfast with Mr Lam in the main and beautiful kitchen that was superbly clean, Mr Lam wants to show me the estate. This is a huge estate I would say. The drive in to the house was a long drive way which I didn't recognize yesterday probably because I was all wet and cold. There was a servant quarters which has a huge house behind the main house where Mr Xiao lives. There was also a olympic size swimming pool which looks deserted and has not been used for a long time. There was also some big open space with road, which would have been excellent for me to train my skateboarding skill. I was giggling in my mind.

Later, we went to the main house which is of 3 levels, there were rooms and rooms of bedrooms that I find it too tire to know. What amazed me was there was a dancing/ gym room with a huge full wall mirror. This interest me a lot because I am the dancing KING, WANG YIBO. Hahaha. I was really happy when I discover that but wonder if I could secretly use it.

I finally know that Xiao Zan is in the third floor while I am on the second floor guest room. Which suit me fine because we don't have to share the corridors. That was what in my mind. I was worry that he knows too much of my secrets.

It was already noon time and Mr Lam gather all the staff to introduce me to them. All together there were 30 plus staff in the mansion. Maids from late twenties to fifties, drivers, gardeners and some are handyman. What I find interesting is Mrs Lam , wife of Mr Lam was also working here. She looks like a lovely chubby lady. She is also one of the chef here. However, when they introduced me to a Mr He Peng, who is one of the driver. I felt horrified when he holds my hand for too long a time.

Then, I introduce myself in my usual way

"Hi all, my name is Bodie. I am the new housekeeper". Then unexpectedly I shouted

"CAN WE BE FRIENDS. THOSE WHO WANTS TO BE MY FRIEND, GIVES ME A HI 5". I could see that  there were horrified shock faces but Mr Lam came forward and gives me a hi 5 and the rest relaxes with smiles on their faces and one by one follow suit except for Mr He Peng, I intentionally miss him out. I could see some anger in him.