Chapter 10 (Mr Bugs Bunny)

I began to stir in my bed. When I looked at the clock, I was shocked. It is already 12 noon. I must have slept a long time. Goodness, I quickly get out of my bed and wash myself up and had a good bath. I also begin to feel hungry.

As I was still dressing, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in' I said as I thought it must be the lovely Mrs Lam.

To my surprise, it is Xiao Zan. I immediately stop and back unconsciously, like there is some danger coming from him.

"I am so so sorry, Bodie. I...I....lost control..I..i..hope..you..can ..forgive...me" Xiao Zan looks at me sincerely.

When I recall the incident last night. I knew I was at fault too. My upbringing although allows me to have fun but being rude and using swear words were unacceptable to my strict father.

"Uh..I am sorry too, I insulted you and your girlfriend, of course you are angry" I spoke softly as something or words I have spoken ignite pain.

"No.. it is not that..you are mistaken.. Ziyi and I ...are just.."

"Sir, it is ok, I don't really want to know your relationship. I am here to work only" I told him. Somehow, I thought I see pain in his eyes. Did I insult his girlfriend that much. But Ziyi kicks me, I must clarify that because I don't like being accused. This is my nature

"Sir, I want you to know that I did not kick her.. she..., ok. Forget about that. I DID NOT KICK HER" I told him.

"I know... I can see with my eyes" Xiao Zan tries to approach me by taking another small step forward.

Somehow, I move backwards another small step. I don't want him to be near me, I somehow feels that being near to him is dangerous.

"Are you afraid of me now" Xiao Zan asks so softly that I think any woman will die listening to this.

"Look, I think we should just move on, after all we are just boss and employee relationship and nothing more. I made a mistake, so my boss punish me. I am alright with that" I spoke plainly because I am really over this matter. I know I have no place to go, my parents are still searching for me according to my friends whom I keep in contact. I need to be sensible unless I want to go ahead and marry a man with a girlfriend. The thought of that really stings.

"I..urm...as long..as ..you ..stay ...here, everything is fine" I seems to hear a cracky voice. His look of sadness is confusing me.

I bent my head down and I felt threatening tears. I command my tears, you are not allow to appear now. I decided to lift up my head and do my usual stuff. I smiles sweetly

"Then, that is all settle then, with your permission, sir, can I go. I am really hungry" I asks dignifyly.

Suddenly, Xiao Zan face is back to normal.

"Yes, Yes, we don't want a hungry Bodie, do we" He side step for me to past. I think he forgot this is my room. I gestured him to the door and he just step out of my room. I close my door and wake past him quickly. This is not because I am hungry, I feel myself taking more notice of him. He is after all a very handsome man. WAIT!!! What was I thinking. I think the sleeping pill has jumble up my brain.

Mrs Lam came and give me a hug and shows me my delicious lunch.

"Why so many carrots, I am not a bunny. Why don't you give them to the one with the bunny smile" I pout and asks

"Who has bunny smile? Mr Lam asks me.

I bent forward and across the counter top and whisper to her

"Your boss" I say, then I heard the loudest laughter, Mrs Lam has a loud and cheerful voice, however, her laughter can be like thunder sometimes.

"Yes, yes, He has a bunny smile, oh gosh!!!! Bodie, you are just too cute I must say again and again" Mrs Lam was laughing and chatting away.

Then, I heard Xiao Zan calling for Mr Lam.

"Mr Lam, I am going to Shanghai tonight, get the plane ready and I will be home late tomorrow night as usual"

As soon as I heard this, I unconsciously clap because I have often wanted to go to the hills behind this mansion. I wanted to bring the staff and of course my lovely Mrs Lam and show them a fun picnic time.

"I wonder why is someone so happy" I heard Xiao Zan loud voices. I refused to turn my head but I already can imagine his narrow eyes looking at my head, trying to bore a hole into it.

Mrs Lam was a bit panic and he looks at me. I just winked at her

"I think Mr Bugs Bunny is angry now and I better run. After all, they hop quite fast" I pick up my lunch and walk fast to the outside pool again.

As usual, Mrs Lam could not control her laughter and I can still hears her voice even when I am already at my tranquil place.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry for a short one.

I am a little lost here. HELP MR BUGS BUNNY!!!!!!