emperor

"soobin, please come on up to present your answer!"

- SOOBIN obediently complied and walked to the whiteboard to write down his answer. choi soobin would be the epitome of an average teenager; being able to breeze past in his academics, a normal life with a close group of friends and a family that loved him dearly.

"i'm done," soobin proudly said after successfully writing the answers to the questions given on the whiteboard.

however, his teacher took less than two seconds to look at soobin's answers before she wiped off his answers clean from the whiteboard. soobin could only gape his mouth open in shock as his hard work was dismissed without reason. he returned to his seat, his smile turning to a frown. despite being average, soobin didn't like his efforts and successes to be trampled on- especially by his teacher.

another student came up to the whiteboard to answer the same question. to soobin's dismay, it was the exact same workings he had written previously.

"ma'am, i believe i answered your question correctly? why did you just erase it off?" soobin deadpanned, slowly getting frustrated the moment his teacher shrugged her shoulders.

"you asked to present my answer and i did. suddenly you're brushing me off, one of your students? what kind of teacher are you?" soobin snapped and stood up from his seat.

"choi soobin, sit down! i will not tolerate this behaviour," his teacher demanded while staring at the boy with pure annoyance.

"not until you explain why my hard work in your class is always wrong in your perspective! this isn't the first time you've done this to me or any of my classmates. explain yourself or i'll tell the principal about the injustice you serve to us!" soobin retorted back, earning the support from his classmates who silently cheered for him.

"not unless i report you for cheating on the recent class test!" his teacher raised a brow cockily, causing the class to gasp and erupt in chatter.

"you can't do that, that's against your role as a teacher when you very well know i studied my fucking ass off for your stupid exams!" soobin exclaimed, defending himself from the false accusations made.

"i'll get my trusted students to play witness then. if they don't agree with my plan, i'm failing the whole class. if you decide to shut up and go with the flow, nothing happens. your pick mister choi," soobin's teacher smirked and leaned against her desk while waiting for his response.

the class started protesting against their teacher's malicious behaviour towards soobin, who has been nothing but a gentleman to every one of them.

soobin felt the heat from his anger rise to his neck as he balled his hands. life was indeed unfair to choi soobin, who only wanted fairness for himself and his classmates. despite having a normal life, soobin's family was just able to make ends meet. it meant that he enjoyed the same privileges as everyone else but lacked the freedom to do what he wanted.

"fuck you and your career," soobin rebuked his teacher as he sat down, choosing to remain silent in order for the class' hard work to be paid off.

with that being said, soobin just earned himself a pink slip like a golden ticket- but for detention.

"excellent choice made. the whole class won't fail this semester, thanks to you. also, detention for you today. i won't tolerate your foul mouth ever again choi soobin," his teacher mocked and continued on with her lesson.

everyone in class looked at soobin with mixtures of sympathy, admiration and empathy expressed on their faces. soobin didn't deserve shit like that to happen to him on a daily basis.

"detention is going to be such a drag," soobin muttered and decided to zone out for the rest of the lesson.

soobin wondered how much longer it would take for him to die and leave the unfair society he lives in. he would rather death than injustice.

'prove them wrong' is a quote he absolutely despised. everyone just came to see the worst of him and never the best. he would only end up proving something for nothing.

however, he wasn't suicidal or anything.

he's just tired of living the same day over and over again. nothing interesting happened in his life anymore after that summer night with his friends a year back.

it were fuzzy memories that seemed to replay in his head at least once everyday.

that summer night.

"we were all drunk-except for me. i was tipsy-" soobin quietly murmured to himself, earning a weird stare from his table partner.

"that night.." his thoughts trailed off before his eyes fluttered shut during the ongoing lesson.