guilt

-YEONJUN glanced back and forth between hueningkai and the lifeless man, who was revealed to be mister jeon.

"it's a shame he died. he really loved my sister but yet again, he killed my bestfriend, taehyun. the person who stuck by me through it all," hueningkai admitted bitterly.

"i'm so sorry ning," yeonjun teared up and got on his knees.

"sorry doesn't bring the dead back alive now, does it?" hueningkai spat out as he crouched down to yeonjun.

yeonjun knew in his heart that he didn't intend to cause pain upon anyone; to hueningkai, the boys, mister jeon and mister kim. he felt guilty that he was unable to do anything to change the past.

"you must have wondered why the five of us had suddenly drifted right? it's because being in the same place as you made me feel pathetic. how you laughed everything off while i suffer in silence," hueningkai angrily teared up as he stared at yeonjun.

"putting up an act was hard. as soon as i realised that we were having detention together, i immediately messaged jungkook. i deliberately left my phone underneath the table. observing you, you always snuck back into school for those damn spray cans," hueningkai continued as he wiped his tears.

everything finally started to make sense to yeonjun. he stared back at the yellow-hooded boy whose eyes displayed hurt and hatred.

"i only needed you to come along with me but the boys had already butted in. jungkook went crazy after learning that the rest of the boys came along. i don't blame him, i would've too," hueningkai finished off and stood up, shoving his hands into the pockets of his hoodie.

"what do you want me to do? i'll do anything hueningkai, i'll do anything to make it up to you," yeonjun pleaded.

yeonjun felt the weight of the world fall on his shoulders, his heart strained as he choked back on his tears.

"suffer in silence, just like how i did," hueningkai simply said and walked off, leaving yeonjun in the dark.

before leaving the school, hueningkai barged into the security surveillance room and erased all recordings made by the cctvs that night.

hueningkai wished that he shot the blue-haired boy who was right at the palm of his hand; but he couldn't. killing yeonjun wasn't enough to ease his broken heart.

yeonjun knelt in the dark, silence ringing around him. with his wounded thigh, yeonjun walked up the stairs towards the rooftop while leaving a trail of blood behind him.

he felt the breeze of late-night air as soon as he stepped out at the rooftop. yeonjun's lips trembled as tears continuously fell from his eyes. he couldn't do it anymore.

the guilt ate him up alive. the people dead because of him, the innocent souls gone because of him.

yeonjun climbed over the walls of rooftop and hung his legs freely. the blue-haired boy looked down at the pit of darkness that awaited his arrival. he was at the highest floor of the school and the boy only cried even harder.

"i'm sorry everyone, for the pain i caused. i didn't mean it, i really didn't," yeonjun cried out, his tears blurring his vision.

by then, the pain in yeonjun's black heart became unbearable. the wind blew past stronger, drying his tear-stained cheeks.

closing his eyes, yeonjun leaned his body forward and allowed gravity to pull him down.

"i'm better off gone," yeonjun's final thoughts confessed.

the sound of bones breaking were heard as yeonjun's body hit the concrete ground. blood started pooling around the broken boy. the harsh impact had killed the boy.

a final tear escaped the boy's eye, leaving him bleeding out as he succumbed in the darkness of the night.