fool

"look who finally decided to stroll into school!" mister jeon applauded at beomgyu.

- BEOMGYU smiled sheepishly in response as he walked into his classroom. he was already regretting being in school. school was another chore in life that beomgyu despised.

despite being in a prestigious family, beomgyu didn't act like he came from one. he wanted to be a normal teenager, not the son of successful CEOs of south korea's biggest shipbuilding company. his parent's expected him to step up in the business when he was older.

but beomgyu wanted to be a musician. he wanted to produce music for the world to hear. it was the only thing that comforted beomgyu when he had anxiety attacks, the only thing that allowed him to express himself.

everyone blamed him for being too much of an idealist and a dreamer but he didn't care. he stopped coming to school because of the late nights he spent making tracks. his music was loved and admired by his other friends who wanted to pursue music but unrecognisable to others.

"choi beomgyu, it's been three weeks since you set foot into this school. what makes you think you're going to set foot into my class easily?" mister jeon raised his brow at beomgyu, who had already started yawning.

"but i'm already sitting down jungkook," beomgyu responded casually and rather informally.

mister jeon went to beomgyu's desk and scoffed at the lack of manners beomgyu had.

"is that how you talk to people older than you? choi beomgyu, how are you going to pursue music if you can't even show up for school?" mister jeon nagged loudly, causing the class to break up their conversations.

"mister jeon, you pursued music when you were my age. why is it suddenly a crime when i dream the same dreams?" beomgyu asked, he was irritated at the fact that mister jeon was suddenly being harsh on him.

"that's because i went to school even if i hated it you idiot. just because i'm a teacher now doesn't mean i don't do music on the side. i graduated for a certificate and so will you," mister jeon deadpanned, staring at beomgyu with an expression mixed with anger and worry.

"nobody cares, don't act like you do mister jeon," beomgyu snapped and sat back down in his seat.

mister jeon could only glare in response to beomgyu's rudeness and walked to the front of the classroom.

"because of choi beomgyu, the rest of you can forget about going on the arts expenditure. we're only going unless beomgyu sets his attitude straight and comes to school for two consecutive weeks." mister jeon spat out as everyone in class started groaning and complaining.

beomgyu was embarrassed and ashamed. he didn't expect to come to school and be humiliated. all the more, he hated negatively affecting people who did nothing wrong.

"mister jeon, that's unfair to the class!" beomgyu stood up from his seat and protested against mister jeon's idea.

"so, how are you going to change my mind then? everyone has been looking forward to this expenditure for the past month. what are you going to do to change my mind?" mister jeon asked beomgyu with his arms crossed.

"what are my options?" beomgyu boldly asked causing the class to gasp in shock. not everyone pegged beomgyu for a guy who'd mend his mistakes.

"come to school for consecutive everyday for a month," mister jeon simply said in which beomgyu sighed in response.

"i'll come okay? the class doesn't deserve to be affected because of my choices," beomgyu clenched his fists, feeling sorry for causing a ruckus.

"that's good to know beomgyu. come to the front," mister jeon motioned for beomgyu to come to the front of the class.

"do you promise to keep to your word?" mister jeon asked as he placed a hand on beomgyu's shoulder, a mischievous smile creeping up on his face.

"yes mister jeon, for goodness sake!" beomgyu exasperated causing his classmates to laugh at the bond between the student and teacher.

"good. i'm hoping to see you improve. one more thing," mister jeon paused and handed a pink slip to beomgyu.

"are you kidding me?" beomgyu scoffed in disbelief at the child-like man beside him who was laughing.

"detention beomgyu, you have to serve it," mister jeon giggled at his dumbfounded student.

"why? what did i do?" beomgyu whined as he crumpled the pink slip, only to be given another copy of the paper.

"because you still disrespected me, don't do it again. now go back to your seat you punk," mister jeon joked and pushed beomgyu out of his way.

"i shouldn't have come to school today," beomgyu grumbled cutely, earning giggles from his classmates.

there was no doubt that beomgyu had any trouble making anyone happy. he had a naturally friendly aura surrounding him which made it easy for people to approach him.

it was as if he's been in school all along.