truth

-BEOMGYU grabbed yeonjun by the collar and slammed him against the broken lockers. with soobin aiding hueningkai, taehyun was the only one who could break the two boys apart.

beomgyu was furious; he was scared. he wasn't one to be dragged into problems and frankly, didn't know how to solve them either.

"what the fuck is going on yeonjun? why does that man keep mentioning you?" beomgyu gritted through his teeth as he tightened his grasp on yeonjun's collar.

"let go of me," yeonjun mumbled as he pushed beomgyu away and crouched down on the floor.

everything started to dawn on yeonjun as he broke down into tears. it was his fault that his friends were in trouble. soobin could only sigh in pity as he left taehyun to treat hueningkai's head with the first aid kit.

"boys, don't blame yeonjun. it's not his fault," soobin defended yeonjun and crouched down to comfort the sobbing boy.

"then give us a fucking explanation soobin! even the man mentioned you! what do you know that we don't? hueningkai got hurt, it just means we could possibly die," beomgyu lashed out and started kicking things around.

taehyun didn't know how to feel. he was worried for the boys' safety but not at all for his. he'd prefer this than being at home.

taehyun quickly pulled an angsty beomgyu to sit beside him on the floor. he didn't want beomgyu to waste his energy.

as the boys calmed down, hueningkai finally found his strength to sit up beside yeonjun. he was tired and scared but couldn't show much emotion.

"alright, i'll tell you on behalf of yeonjun," soobin finally said, earning the attention from the boys.

"do you remember what happened last summer?"

-

SUMMER OF 2019
(flashback)

"semester break is finally here!" beomgyu exclaimed as he hopped on yeonjun's back.

"you brat, i have books to carry. get someone else to piggyback you!" yeonjun grumbled as he vigorously shook beomgyu off.

beomgyu pouted and decided to jump on hueningkai, who kindly tolerated the hyperactive boy.

"what do you guys want to do tonight?" soobin asked the boys as they walked out of school together.

"let's go watch a movie!"

"bowling?"

"sleep,"

"eat dinner?"

the boys paused for a moment to look at each other and suddenly burst out in laughter.

"you guys, we have no life. literally. do we have nothing fun in mind? we're seniors next year!" beomgyu retorted as the boys continued pondering on what to do.

"i have a fake id? well it's real, it belongs to my brother but we look like alike," taehyun suggested.

the boys turned their heads in shock as they had the same idea in mind. taehyun nodded his head in agreement and smirked as the boys started cheering for their friend.

"soju it is, for our idiotic asses," taehyun announced causing the boys to cheer even louder.

that night,the boys met up at exactly 10pm.

yeonjun decided to take his step-father's truck as an act of rebellion against his family. he desperately wanted to get out of his place as an heir to the successful family company.

however, his mother didn't seem to get the memo and continued to push yeonjun towards it; using him as a gateway for more riches and gold.

so yeonjun took the truck as he pleased. he loved the feeling of rebellion. besides, mister kim had plenty more vehicles than one stupid truck.

yeonjun still didn't understand how mister kim could work as a teacher and run a prestigious company at the same time; let alone be his step-father.

other than that, yeonjun hated his guts. even though mister kim seemed to be the only person who gave a shit about yeonjun, he hated him for being the other man.

his mother gave up his father for a wealthy man; his mother was the reason why his father committed suicide.

love made him do crazy things.

"you sneaky," beomgyu praised yeonjun as the blue-haired boy pulled up at their meeting point.

the other boys piled at the back of the truck with beomgyu who desperately called shot gun. the boys then made their way to a mini mart to purchase their beloved soju for the night.