lover

- WITH taehyun held back by mister kim, hueningkai decided to roam around the school corridors before his next class started.

it didn't faze hueningkai with the well-known fact that he's the school's heart shaker. he was definitely popular with both males and females; his distinctive features and built made heads turn and hearts race. he's quite irresistible the moment he shows his charisma through flirting.

however, with every heart shaker comes a heart breaker and hueningkai was that package deal; he shakes you up and gets to break you in the end. the simple reason being that it never works out.

being a hopeless romantic, hueningkai aims to find a girl who would be a perfect match for him. he wasn't a typical player, he just has terrible judgment of people ands tends to fall into a relationship quickly.

one moment he thinks he's in love and the next would be him finding someone new again; someone who would fill the last empty puzzle piece in his heart.

hueningkai continued walking along the corridors until he saw her; bae ara.

to hueningkai, she was typically the only girl who had no intentions of chasing after him. he wanted to be the one running after her. besides her angel-faced beauty, he liked that she was an independent girl with other goals. what he liked the most about her was her heart of gold.

"bae ara!" hueningkai decided to call out, causing ara to stop in her tracks and send him a wide smile.

"hey ning! what are you doing out here? lessons start in like, a minute!" ara walked towards hueningkai with her arms crossed sassily.

"well, i'm bored so i decided to kill some time. what about you?" hueningkai replied as he shoved his hands in his pockets.

"i'm doing the same thing as you, lessons are such a bore here," she smiled cheekily and started walking alongside hueningkai.

suddenly, one of the classroom doors flung open; revealing a teacher who had an unreadable expression on her face.

"you two better stop loitering around and get to class now! it's way past your last lesson. don't make me call mister kim on you!" the teacher walked towards them slowly.

"ara, let's run," hueningkai mischievously grabbed her hand and backed away slowly from the teacher.

"are you crazy? we'll get into trouble!" ara exclaimed as she stared at hueningkai with her wide eyes.

"we're already in trouble, let's make the most of it," hueningkai finally said before pulling ara to run away from the teacher. behind them, they could hear the teacher protesting as she pulled out her phone to call mister kim.

"hueningkai, if i get into trouble, you're so dead!" ara threatened breathlessly as hueningkai continued pulling her to run faster.

"you won't get into trouble, i will. i'll cover up for you baby!" hueningkai winked at ara who became flustered.

the duo soon stopped running to catch their breaths. the school had limited places to run off to but hueningkai made the most out of it.

"now, if we were skipping gym class, i wouldn't mind!" ara panted and tiredly smacked hueningkai's arm.

"that was fun though right?" hueningkai giggled at his definition of 'fun'.

but before ara could respond, they heard the sound of heavy footsteps that gradually getting louder as it neared them.

the pair stared at each other with wide eyes wondering what they had to do to save themselves from trouble; that is when ara spotted the janitor's closet behind hueningkai.

"we have to hide!" ara squealed as she grabbed hueningkai's arm and pulled him into the janitor's closet. ara quietly closed the door behind them, their movements limited as the space was small.

"don't make a sound," ara mouthed towards hueningkai who could only smirk at her.

"we're awfully close," hueningkai whispered teasingly while ara hit his chest in response.

"shut up kamal," ara mouthed as she put her ear against the door. the heavy footsteps had receded elsewhere and she sighed in relief.

"we should stay here a while longer, just in case," ara continued whispering as she lay her back against the wall of the small closet.

hueningkai smiled to himself as he nodded his head in response. he couldn't help but flutter inside; he was in an enclosed space with the girl he likes.

"hey ning? i've been meaning to ask, but why don't you just make a move on me?" ara boldly asked, slowly regretting the words coming out of her mouth.

"how did you know?" hueningkai looked at her in shock, unable to comprehend what she asked.

"because i like you too, it's not hard for a girl to know when someone likes her. it's a gut feeling," ara responded softly, relieved that she didn't make the wrong judgment.

"i thought you hated me despite us being close," hueningkai muttered and crossed his arms lazily.

"that's because most of the girls AND guys in this school like you," ara emphasised and looked down sadly.

hueningkai could only blush in response, euphoria running through his veins. he couldn't believe she liked him back.

"ara.." hueningkai trailed off, noticing her shift in body language.

with the limited space, hueningkai took a step towards her; their bodies pressed together as he embraced her in a hug.

"be mine?" he whispered softly causing ara to giggle in response. ara pulled away from their hug and looked at the baby-faced boy.

ara smiled in response causing hueningkai to squeal. the pair could feel each other's hearts beating in sync as they admired each other. neither of them could believe it.

"may i kiss you?" hueningkai asked softly as he cupped her face with his hands.

ara nodded shyly, allowing hueningkai to lean in slowly. before he could seal their kiss, the door of the closet flung open revealing the confused janitor, a fuming mister kim and their teacher.

"bae ara, get back to class. hueningkai, come to my office," mister kim sighed in frustration.

"mister kim, i got into trouble too! why are you only picking on hueningkai?" ara retorted in annoyance. the only reason why she was let off was because her dad was the head of the school board.

"bae ara, i said get to class!" mister kim yelled causing ara to flinch. however, she didn't move a muscle.

"ara, please go. i'll be okay," hueningkai reassured causing their teacher to pull her away from the two men.

mister kim crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow. this was the fourth kid he had to deal with today.

"you," mister kim pointed at the janitor.

"leave us alone and do your job properly," mister kim deadpanned causing the janitor to roll his eyes and leave.

"mister kim-"

"hueningkai, you're a good guy but don't meddle with the head administrator of the school board's daughter. getting caught in a janitor's closet?" mister kim cut him off sternly as hueningkai patiently listened.

"i'm sorry mister kim," hueningkai apologised and bowed.

"looks like you'll be joining taehyun for detention," mister kim said and handed hueningkai a pink slip.

"you're cruel," hueningkai pouted as mister kim laughed at the kid's charming attitude.

"now get your ass out of my sight!" mister kim exclaimed as he shooed off the western boy.

hueningkai trudged his feet back, longing to go home. as he walked back to class, he noticed the janitor watching him from behind the wall.

the janitor quickly averted his gaze and walked off. as usual, hueningkai decided to ignore the peculiar actions of the janitor and dwelled on the fact that wouldn't be able to go home early or see ara.

"detention it is,"