locked

-IT had a been a while since yeonjun felt excited eating out. soobin had noticed how much weight the poor boy had lost over the past year. it was endearing to see yeonjun finally eat a proper meal.

"are you serious? we can order anything we want?" yeonjun exclaimed with his wide eyes staring at beomgyu.

"yes jun, before hueningkai bares the responsibility of paying for our meal," beomgyu teased hueningkai who only pouted in response.

soobin pulled out his phone to snap a group picture after the five boys finished ordering their food.

"it's been a while since we ate together!" beomgyu commented, in which the boys nodded their heads in agreement.

"i can't remember the last time we ate together. if i'm not wrong, we got wasted one night but i can't remember the details," yeonjun muttered softly which the boys didn't catch. everyone but soobin, whose eyes lit up in shock.

"was he sober then?" soobin pondered.

"soobin, send me the pics!" hueningkai giggled as he happily sipped on beomgyu's drink instead of his own.

"i already sent it to you, why don't you check your phone?" soobin responded, snapping out of his thoughts. hueningkai huffed and decided to pull his phone out from his pocket only to feel nothing.

"come on tae, give it back!" hueningkai accused taehyun who was invested in a conversation with yeonjun and beomgyu.

"you idiot, i didn't take your phone!" taehyun exclaimed back causing hueningkai to look at him questionably.

taehyun looked worriedly at his bestfriend and decided to check his belongings to see if he had accidentally taken it. however, it was nowhere to be found.

"i swear i brought my phone with me," hueningkai muttered nervously as he fiddled with his straw.

"we can go back to school if you want? you probably left it there or something," beomgyu suggested in which the boys agreed to.

"guys, you don't have to follow me. i don't want you boys to go home late" hueningkai sighed, annoyed at his forgetfulness.

"it's late as it is ning. plus, how are you going to sneak into school? have you ever done it before?" taehyun questioned, leaving hueningkai speechless.

"i'll follow along then. i've snuck into school countless times because i keep forgetting to bring my spray paint home," yeonjun implied with his mouth full with food.

"in that case, we're all following our precious ning ning!" soobin declared and the boys resumed their conversations as the food they ordered came along after a while.

unfortunately, yeonjun felt the same rising anxiety in his chest as he observed the smiles and laughter coming from his friends. it was as if something wrong was going to happen that night and he knew it.

he didn't know if he should trust his gut feeling. the last time he did, it saved only himself from chaos. he couldn't save whatever or whoever else was there.

soobin noticed yeonjun's shift in attitude again and placed a reassuring arm around him. thankfully, yeonjun felt his nerves calm down and sent soobin a small smile.

likewise, soobin felt the same nervousness as yeonjun. he feared that history would avenge itself this time.

-

as soon as the time reached 8pm, the boys made their way back to school to retrieve back hueningkai's phone.

"that was a good meal, thanks beomie!" taehyun exclaimed happily and let out a small burp in which the boys cringed at.

"you disgust me midget," beomgyu jeered playfully, earning a sharp glare from taehyun.

"let me remind you that i'm a centimetre shorter than you," taehyun retorted back sassily as the boys approached the entrance of their school.

"shut up guys, we're here," hueningkai slapped the bickering boys who immediately averted their attention to the school.

the silhouette of their school building in the dark shook the boys' nerves. the boys climbed over the school gate successfully, only to find out that they could have just entered normally.

the security guard was nowhere in sight.

"ah, this is too easy!" beomgyu snickered loudly, in which soobin and yeonjun shushed him.

the boys made their way to the detention classroom, succumbing themselves into the darkness. they depended on the moonlight that shone in the classroom as their source of light.

"there it is!" hueningkai sighed in relief as he retrieved his phone from under the table he sat in. the boys continued to wander around the classroom, making sure to stay close to each other.

the boys decided to use their phone flashlights to see better, only for beomgyu to suddenly drop his phone.

"g-guys," beomgyu stuttered as he shakily picked up his phone. the boys gathered beside beomgyu and gasped in horror at the sight in front of them. hueningkai was unfortunately, unable to digest his food as he vomited out the window.

"m-mister kim?" yeonjun mumbled, the boy on the brink of tears.

indeed, it was mister kim. his blood splattered on the artwork yeonjun painted and his eyes bloodshot.

"if this happened to mister kim-" beomgyu paused and breathed out, unable to process what the hell was going on.

"then we're in danger too," he finished, letting out shaky breaths.

"we have to go you guys, stay close to each other." taehyun said and pulled the four boys close to him.

despite being smaller than the boys, taehyun was strong physically and emotionally. he felt the need to protect his friends, especially after witnessing something so traumatic.

the red-haired boy quickly approached the door and rattled the doorknob, realising that they were locked in. he ran to the backdoor only to find it locked as well. taehyun's eyes widened in horror as he looked back to his friends, showing them that the door was locked.

"impossible! when we got in, the door was unlocked. how can we magically lock ourselves in?" soobin sputtered out as he pulled at his hair.

yeonjun could only feel an anxiety attack coming to him as he searched in the darkness for the person he was holding onto. he swore that he felt another presence in the room.

even with his flashlight shining brightly, his friend was nowhere to be seen.

"guys, where the fuck is hueningkai?"