trick

-BEOMGYU ran around the school, finding for the rest of the boys. his heart felt weak as he paused at a desolate corner of the school. sinking down to his knees, beomgyu silently cried to himself. he was tired and didn't know how he ended up in such a position.

he fished out for his phone which was thankfully still at 50% and messaged the boys. he heard a phone ding in taehyun's bag and beomgyu only cried harder. taehyun was really gone, he wouldn't be able to reply back.

five idiots

4 online, 5 recipients

beomgyu
where r u guys?!

yeonjun
in the art room, 2nd floor.
what's going on?

soobin
my classroom, 1st floor

hueningkai
janitor's closet, 1st floor

beomgyu
u guys have to get out of school NOW

yeonjun
wait what's going on?

beomgyu
taehyun is dead.

soobin
come on beomgyu, that's not funny

beomgyu
i'm not fucking joking soobin
u guys have the chance rn to save ur selves, fucking go

hueningkai is typing..

yeonjun
wru gyu?

beomgyu
outside the gymnasium, i'm near ning

hueningkai is typing..

soobin
kai? what's taking so long for u to reply?

hueningkai
death count: 2/5

it's such a pity innocent hueningkai has to die.

being the main attraction, you sure are able to hide well!

see you soon boys!

beomgyu
u fucking piece of shit
[message not sent]

beomgyu shoved his phone in his pocket and sprinted towards the janitor's closet that was at the end of the hallway.

"please god, not hueningkai. please not him too, don't take him from us," beomgyu pleaded as his grasp on the bat tightened.

-

yeonjun felt his heart drop. beomgyu wasn't lying. yeonjun went down the flight of stairs as he made his way to hueningkai's location only to be greeted by the sight of blood; the sight of his friend lying blue at the end of the stairs.

yeonjun choked back on his tears as he trudged down the stairs.

"i-i'm sorry t-tae," yeonjun sobbed as he knelt down beside the lifeless boy.

yeonjun took out his notepad and scribbled a few words before folding it neatly and placing it inside the palm of taehyun's hand.

yeonjun whipped out his phone and dialled soobin's number as he ran towards the gymnasium. the line seemed to be ringing endlessly, yeonjun only hoped that soobin was still alive.

"soobin, where are you?" yeonjun sighed in relief once soobin picked up.

"i'm running towards the gymnasium, where are you?" soobin panted over the phone as he tried catching his breath.

"i'm nearing," yeonjun ended the call as soon he found soobin's figure at the other side.

"soobin!" yeonjun shouted causing soobin to jump in shock.

"we have to find beomgyu!" soobin panicked and started running around the gymnasium to find beomgyu.

the two boys grew weary, still unable to locate beomgyu. a loud sound caught their attention, putting the boys' continuous running to a halt.

"fuck you!" a familiar loud voice boomed at the other end of the hallway.

"beomgyu," the two boys muttered and immediately ran towards the commotion.

-

hueningkai timidly hid in his secret spot that nobody in the school ever came across.

he had accidentally dropped his phone along the way and was unable to retrace his way back to it.

his spot was at an isolated area of the school's football field. it was a stockroom that stored all of the school's previous trophies and props used for events.

he remembered that mister kim had given him a key to the storeroom during his playboy days. hueningkai teared up at the image of mister kim's death he witnessed. he felt a rush of anxiety take over him as soon as he feared for his friends.

he felt helpess and weak hiding all alone in his safe place. he was unreachable and unable to seek help.

hueningkai sobbed as he pulled his legs closer to him, left alone in the dark.

-
the man soon regained consciousness after a short while. he smirked to himself as he saw the lifeless boy lying in his own pool of blood.

"it's a pity you died, i only wanted to kill yeonjun but driving him to death seems better," the man said.

he laughed at himself for expecting a response from the deceased boy. the man got up and limped towards the infirmary to treat his wounds.

"such brats," the man grumbled to himself and took off his mask so he could catch his breath.

"i was willing to spare beomgyu's life, such a shame that he decided to retaliate," the clicked his tongue and got up once he had wrapped a bandage tightly around his torso.

beomgyu really did break his bones, it was hard to tell without an x-ray but the man could feel that his interior was out of place.

the man walked out of the infirmary and pulled out a revolver. he reloaded his gun and sought out to find choi yeonjun.

however, he heard a slight crunch under his foot as he brisk-walked along the hallway. under his boot was a phone. the man smirked to himself as he picked it up and easily unlocked it.

"idiot doesn't even have a passcode," the man mumbled to himself after learning that the phone belonged to hueningkai.

a ding was heard as a notification popped up on the phone screen.

─────────────────
five idiots
beomgyu: where r u guys?!
─────────────────

"playtime's has finally begun!" the man giggled to himself as he replied the oblivious boys.