four

Tharn had decided to skip out on the meeting with his CEO. He figured they could just video chat later to talk about things, or he could just email him. Instead, he headed straight home, calling a taxi as he left the restaurant. 

    When he reached home, Pao and Dan's car was in the drive way, and he was kind of thankful for that. He paid the taxi driver and walked to the front door. He pushed open the large double doors and kicked off his shoes. 

    "Tharn?" Pao called his name from the kitchen. She walked out into the foyer and smiled up at him. "You're home already? How was it?" 

    He tilted his head to the side and half closed his eyes. "I saw him." 

    Pao cleared her throat and walked toward him, linking her arm in his. "Well, why don't you come sit and we can talk about it. Dan and the boys are out buying a few ingredients I need to dinner tonight, so it's just us."

    Tharn let himself be pulled in the large living room. Pao sat on the love seat against the far left wall. She pulled Tharn to sit down next to her. 

    "It's been six years, Pao. Why do I still think of him like this? I have no reason to. He broke me and didn't even seem to care." Tharn said, leaning his head on her shoulder. 

    "You do have reasons to. You love him, Tharn. Even if it has been six years. You were together for three years. It takes a while for something like that to leave us. And how the two of you ended isn't going to make it any more helpful. Maybe you should speak with him while he's here. Who knows when the next time you guys see each other will be." Pao suggested. 

    Tharn shook his head quickly. "No. Not a chance. I can't do that. Who knows what will happen. Besides, we are two different people now. Were different from what we were like in college." 

    "And maybe that's what you need to make it better again. I'm not saying you guys should talk about getting back together, and I'm not saying you need to get your hopes up, but if you really want to move on, you need to talk to him. Confront him about what went wrong in the first place." 

    Tharn let out a laugh. "He stopped loving me. That's what went wrong." 

    Pao slapped him lightly on the arm. "I doubt he did it on his own." 

    "Either way," Tharn said, letting out a sigh. "He probably has a boyfriend now, or worse, a girlfriend." 

    "Either way, he loved you first." 

    Tharn looked up at Pao through his eyes lashes. "I'm not that kind of person." 

    Pao raised her hands in defense. "I never said you were. I was just simply stating a fact. Now, let's move him to the back of your mind for now. You look pale and tired just thinking about it. Why don't you come help me with dinner. You've been begging me to teach you how to cook." 

    Tharn sat up and smiled at her with a nod. "That sounds like a wonderful idea."

----------

    "I don't care! Do whatever you have to do. Just fix it. Now! I don't have time for mishaps like this. Be lucky I'm not firing you." Tharn slammed his phone down onto his desk. 

    He let out a deep breath and plopped down in his chair. He called Kay into his office, telling her she might want to order another phone for him. He could see her hand shake a bit when she cleaned up the shattered phone on his desk. 

    "Yes sir." She said before exiting the office quickly. 

    Tharn wasn't usually scary toward his employees, but desperate times call for desperate matters. He usually put on a stone cold face and that was enough to make them shit their pants sometimes.

    He figured that if he was gentle with them and showed that he cared to much that he would seem like a push over. He was not a push over. He was pushed around a lot in his younger years, and after the whole thing with Type, is just put him into the cold place even more. 

    He no longer had a whole heart, so why should he even pretend like he did. 

----------

    Type laid down on his uncomfortable hotel bed, staring up at the ceiling, many thoughts running through his head. 

    Seeing Tharn made him upset. Past feelings, he had tried to push down so much, made their way into his heart. Memories too. He couldn't even hardly look at Tharn, no truly knowing what would happen if he did. 

    Suddenly, though, he was feeling selfish. Though there were still things holding them back from one another, the main reason for their break up no longer existed. If he wanted to truly try, he might be able to make him happy again. That is if he doesn't already have someone.

    Type felt hungry, and not really feeling like spending to much money at an overpriced hotel, he decided to go to the store and buy something simple. He could worry about Tharn again later. 

__________

Thoughts on this chapter?

I'm not actually sure how much in liking this so far. It just doesn't look good to me. I think I need to go to the workbook and start over. What do you guys think?