nineteen

The next morning, Tharn opened his eyes slowly, being greeted by a peacefully sleeping Type. 

    His eyes were closed and his breathing was steady. Some pieces of his hair fell on his forehead and eyes, but Tharn lifted a hand and pushed them way, trying to remember the last time he had woken up beside him like this. 

    "It's creepy to watch people sleep, you know." Type said softly before smiling. 

    Tharn laughed and pushed his shoulder softly. "Of course you were pretending to sleep." 

    Type laughed and opened his eyes, watching Tharn closely, afraid that if he blinked for one second, he would wake up from this amazing dream. 

    "Are you hungry?" Tharn questioned, turning to look at him again.

    "Very." 

    They both laughed and sat up from their pillows. The covers fell from their chests and pooled at their waists. The sunlight from outside streamed in through the window. Tharn watched Type at the sunlight lit his face up brightly. 

    "What are you looking at?" Type questioned, suddenly feeling a little shy for some reason. 

    Tharn shook his head. "Nothing. I'm just really happy right now." 

     Type smiled wide at him. "Me too." 

    "I know you said you wanted to take it slow, but that doesn't mean we can't kiss, right?" Tharn questioned. 

    Type laughed and shook his head. "I am so okay with kissing." 

    Tharn smiled and leaned forward, connecting their lips together and letting out a sigh as he did so. "I missed you." He whispered as they pulled back, resting their foreheads against one each others. 

    "I missed you too. But we are also missing breakfast and I'm really hungry." Type said with a chuckle.

    Tharn also chuckled and lifted his head. "Let's go eat." 

    Both of them headed downstairs to the kitchen, where Pao was already making breakfast. She was more than a little surprised when she spotted Type standing next to Tharn.

    "Well, how wonderful to see you again, Type." She said, sending an approving glance to Tharn with raised eyebrows. "I had no idea you would be joining us for breakfast. Let me get another plate." She said heading over the the cabinet. 

    "You guys all always eat breakfast together?" Type questioned. 

    Tharn shrugged. "When we can. We like to eat as a family, but sometimes I have to go into the office early, or something else is going on." He explained.

    Type wrapped his arms around Tharn's waist leaned into his side, resting his head on his shoulder. He looked up at Tharn as he watched Pao get help from the twins as she set the table. He could see in his eyes and facial expression that having them really meant a lot to him. Especially since his biological family and him weren't on speaking terms. 

    "Let's eat." Tharn said with a smile as he pulled Type to the table. "Everyone, I'm sure you remember Type." He said as they took their seat next to one another. 

    "Of course." Dan said with a warm smile, also sending knowing glances at Tharn. 

    "Did you stay the night last night?" Ken asked, tilting his head to the side. 

    "If you did, does that mean you guys are back together?" Khan questioned. 

    "We hope you are, because we like Type." Ken said with nod. Khan also nodded, in agreement with his brother's statement. 

    Tharn chuckled softly as Pao made a warning face at her two sons. "Yes. He did stay the night last night, and I'm glad you like him."

    He reached under the table and rested a hand on top of Type's thigh, turning to give him a smile.

    "Sweet." Ken said, holding his fist in the air. "That means Type can come over more and play football with us." He and Khan high fived one another. 

    Type laughed at their actions. "I would be happy too." 

    After breakfast, Tharn drove Type to his hotel to get his things before driving him to the airport.

    "Why can't you just quit over the phone and then stay here for a couple more days? We just got back together and you're already leaving." Tharn whined outside of the airport. 

    Type chuckled and raised his hand to touch Tharn's cheek. "Look, it will only be for a few days. Three at most. I have other things to take care of then just my job. I have to do it in person too. When I get back, I'm all yours." 

    Tharn pouted, sticking out his bottom lip. "I know, but still. Maybe we shouldn't have wasted so much time. So many days. I should have told you I was still in love with you that day at the restaurant." 

    Type let out another chuckle. "If you would have done that, I would have probably ran then and there." 

    Tharn smiled and wrapped his arms around Type's waist, pulling him close, not caring who seen or stared at them. "Fine. Call me when you land. Also call me everyday and update me on how things are going."

    "Deal." Type nodded with a smile. 

    Tharn leaned forward, closing the gap between their lips. He pressed his hard against Type's, hoping they could both make an imprint on each others lips to last a good while. Type wrapped his arms around Tharn's neck, pulling him even closer as their tongue slipped past each others barriers. 

    "I love you." Tharn whispered as they pulled back. 

    Type looked deep into his eyes. "I love you too, Tharn." 

    "Well well well." They both turned quickly to see Techno staring at them with a smirk and crossed arms. Kla stood next to him with the same expression and stance. "I can see that something did indeed happen last night." He said as he approached them. 

    "What are you doing here, No?" Type asked, removing his hands from Tharn's neck. 

    Techno shrugged. "I just came to say goodbye to my best friend and see him off. Especially since he left abruptly last night and didn't call me this morning." He looked the both of them up and down once. "I can see why now, though." 

    Type smiled and linked his arm with Tharn's. "I was gonna tell you. Sometime." 

    Techno nodded. "So, I guess this means you'll be coming back soon then?" 

    Type nodded. "When I work everything out back home, yeah."

    Techno smiled and walked forward, embracing him in a tight hug. Type unlinked his arm to hug him back. "I guess I'm gonna be seeing my best friend a lot more often then, huh?" 

    "You sure are." 

    They all smiled and glanced at one another for a few more seconds. 

    "You should probably go now. You'll be boarding soon." Tharn said, looking down at his watch. 

    Type nodded. "I should." He sighed and looked at Tharn one last time. "I'll call you when I land." He said giving him a quick but sweet kiss on the lips. He said his goodbyes to Kla and Techno before entering the airport.

    Tharn watched his back as he walked away. Already feeling a bit empty. "Come home soon." He whispered. Hoping the wind would carry his words so they could reach Type's ears. 

__________

Thoughts on this chapter?