twenty-two

3 Days Later

    "Do we have any sponsors?" Tharn questioned Ice, who was on the other side of the phone. 

    "We may have two. I'm supposed to be meeting with them today." Ice told him.

    "Good. Let me know if they confirm or not."

    "Yes, sir." 

    Tharn hung up the phone, flipping through the contracts both companies had drawn up. Type was sitting in the chair in the other side of Tharn's desk, a clear look of annoyance on his face.

    "For the past three days, you've been on the phone with this Ice guy. Should I start being jealous?" Type questioned. 

    Tharn smiled and shook his head. "Ice is just a work associate. I'm collaborating with his company, you know this." 

    "Doesn't mean I have to like him." Type said with an eye roll. 

    "How about, to make you feel better, I'll take you to that restaurant downtown that you like. That Friday place." Tharn suggested. 

    Type clicked his tongue. "I don't actually like that place anymore." 

    "Oh. Well, where do you want to go, then?" Tharn questioned. 

    "I don't really want to go anywhere. I like staying inside." Type told him. 

    Tharn pushed himself up from his seat and groaned, walking over to Type. He stood behind the chair and wrapped his arms around Type's neck. 

    "Come on. It'll be fun to go out again." He said.

    "What if we just stay home and I just cook a homemade meal. Wouldn't that be even more nice?" Type questioned. 

    Tharn laughed and kissed Type on the cheek. "I just want to treat you. I want to spoil you."

    Type let out a deep sigh. "Fine, but next time, we're staying home and I'm making dinner for you."

    "Deal." 

    "Well, you continue your work. I'm going to go take a shower." Type stood from the chair and turned around, giving Tharn a quick peck on the lips. 

    Tharn smiled at his back as he exited the office. He let out a sigh and and walked back over to his chair, sitting down. He took a few minutes before going back to work. 

-

    Type was sitting on the bed, looking between two outfits he had chosen to wear for their dinner tonight. One of them was similar to what he had worn on their first date, on the day he had come back, so he chose the other one. A simple white button up shirt and jeans. A boyish look he knew Tharn wouldn't be able to resist. 

    He grabbed a towel and walked to the bathroom to start his shower. 

    Tharn was still in his office, looking through some last minute changes in the contract when he received a call from the head of his marketing team. 

    "Tharn, we need you to come down to the office and look through this contract we've just found." 

    "What? Why?" He questioned, cleaning up the papers. 

    "I think it might interfere with the co-branding project you have with Samajarn Industries." He explained. 

    "Can this not wait until tomorrow? I have plans for tonight." Tharn told him. 

    "It's best if you do this tonight. I'm sending them papers tomorrow and I don't want something to go wrong and cost us something. It'll only take a couple of minutes." 

    Tharn sighed and rubbed his temples. "Okay. Fine. I'll be there soon." 

    Just then, the office door closed, revealing a freshly showered and dressed Type. "Be where?" He questioned as Tharn hung up. 

    "There's a problem at the company and I need to go check it out. You can head to the restaurant. I've already told them we would be arriving soon." Tharn explained, walking over to him.

    "A problem with Ice?" Type questioned. 

    "No. He won't even be there. I'm just going to the company for a few more minutes. I'll meet you at the restaurant, okay?"

    Type rolled his eyes again, and nodded his head. "Okay. But, if you aren't there after twenty minutes, I am eating without you." He said, pointing an index finger at her.

    Tharn laughed and nodded, placing a quick kiss on Tharn's lips. "I won't be even ten minutes."

    Type and Tharn both went their separate ways. Tharn headed to the office and Type headed to the website. 

    Tharn arrived at the office in less than ten minutes. He parked his car quickly and made his way into the office. 

    "What is the problem?" Tharn questioned, arriving in his employees office.

    "I found this contract from two years ago. It's basically a co-branding contract, but it looks like you never went through with it. I talked with Ice. Apparently, the sponsors won't be happy with it." He explained. 

    Tharn groaned. "Okay. Is there anyway we can fix this before tomorrow? Are the sponsors even going to request the contract?" Tharn questioned. 

    James, the director of marketing, sighed and shook his head. "I don't know, but it is always better safe than sorry" 

    "Let me see the contract." He said sitting down next to James. 

    Tharn flipped through the contract, looking for something that could help them.

    They sat there for thirty minutes, Tharn not realizing how long he had actually been working. His phone rang, showing Ice's ID number. 

    "Hello?"

    "The sponsors are requesting the contract. They want to make sure what they are truly investing in." Ice told him. 

    "Okay. Shit. Are you at the company now?" He questioned. 

    "Yes. Why?"

    "I'm gonna head over there now. I'll give you the files and you can work it out before tomorrow." Tharn then hung up, not waiting for a reply. 

    "What about your plans?" James asked.

    "It's fine. I'll work it out. You just worry about the presentation tomorrow." Tharn said as he took his leave, forgetting his phone that he had set down on James's desk.

__________

Thoughts on this chapter?