twenty-one

"That isn't enough. If we pull out, as buyers, we stand to lose 10% of the selling price. They will rescind the contract, resell the property, and claim damages. We are buying this property. I run this company. You work for me. If you want to continue to work for, you get me the property owner on the damn phone. Now!" Tharn slammed the phone down and groaned, laying his head in his hands. 

    "It's kind of hot when you're angry." Tharn looked up quickly. Type was standing by the door with a wide smile. 

    Kay backed up slowly with a small smile, closing the door behind her. Tharn let out a chuckle and sat back in his seat. 

    Type walked toward his desk, placing his hands on it and leaning forward. "Rough day?"

    Tharn chuckled and nodded. "You could say that." He leaned forward and stood up, leaning across his desk as well. "You know what may make it feel better?"

    "Oh. I don't know. A kiss maybe." Type said shrugging. He leaned forward, pressing his lips to Tharn's in a gentle kiss. 

    "I can get used to this." Tharn said once they pulled back. "Me, working hard in the office. You, coming to visit me and make me feel better. I mean, are you sure you still want to take this slow. It's not like we haven't done those things before." 

    Type laughed and shook his head. "I'm sure. We just worked this out. What happens if we get into it to quickly, without figuring things out first, and something happens?"

    Tharn pulled Type by the arm, making him walk around the desk. "I told you that I wanted to fix this, and I will do whatever it takes to get back to where we were. Nothing is going to happen. I promise. But, I still respect you wanting to take it slow, so I made us reservations for dinner tonight."

    Type wrapped his arms around Tharn's neck. "You're really great, you know that." He said, playing with the hair on the back of Tharn's head. 

    Tharn wrapped his arms around Type's waist and pulled him close. "Of course I know. Now, why don't I call Dan to take you to the house. Since we're going to be living together, again. I figured you'd want to move your stuff in." 

    "Can't I stay here with you for a little while. You said you wanted to see me and now you're already kicking me out." Type pouted, sticking out his bottom lip. 

    Tharn smiled and shook his head. "Are you sure you won't be bored here? All this office and business stuff can be boring."

    Type shook his head. "As long as I can look at you," He raised his hand and caressed Tharn's cheek. "I won't get bored. Also, if you have food." 

    Tharn leaned forward and pressed their lips together again. He wasted no time by pushing his tongue into Type's mouth, drawing a moan from deep into his throat. But, of course, they were interrupted by the ringing of Tharn's phone. 

    They pulled away and both let out sighs. "I'll get Kay to get you something to eat. Why don't you go sit on the couch." 

    Type nodded and walked over to the couch, flopping down on it. He watched Tharn as he pick up the call.

    "This is Tharn." 

    "Tharn, it's Ice. From Samajarn Industries. I was just calling to let you know that the meeting is on. My father will also be attending." 

    "Great. I'm bringing along the head of my marketing team. He's drawn up contracts that we can take a look at." Tharn told him. 

    "We'll have contracts drawn up as well. We wouldn't want to leave anything out." 

    Tharn nodded. "Of course. We'll talk then." 

    Ice said his goodbyes and Tharn hung up the phone. Type smiled up at him and Tharn smiled back. He got back on the phone and called Kay to have her pick up some food.

    Type was only there for about an hour and a half before he decided he did want to go to the house, which he still felt weird about calling home.

    Tharn called up Dan and Dan took him to pick his things up from Techno's. Tharn stayed at the office and worked on a few more things before finally heading home. 

-

   Tharn walked through the front door, hearing silence. He checked the kitchen, living room, and patio, but found no one. Dan's car was gone, so he figured that they had maybe gone out to dinner for the night, but where was Type?

    Tharn walked up the stairs, to his bedroom. When he opened the door, Type was laying, sprawled out on the bed. 

    Tharn smiled to himself and softly closed the door. He moved across the floor slowly and quietly, doing his best to not wake Type.

    He walked to the closet and pulled out his outfit for their dinner plans later that night. He grabbed a towel and walked to the bathroom to start a shower.

    He leaned against the counter and stared at himself in the mirror. Plastered on his face was a smile he didn't even know was there.

    He knew that Type was the cause of his smile and that made him smile even more. 

    Seeing Type sleeping in bed, so casually, seemed like a dream come true. It had been six years since he had Type this close. He knew Type was afraid. He knew he was worried that something would happen to make them split up again. Tharn was worried too. 

    Tharn had finally gotten him back and he wasn't going to let him go. Not for the rest of his life. 

__________

Thoughts on this chapter?