twenty-eight

Type was laying on his stomach, facing away from Tharn with his eyes closed. Tharn was propped up on his side, drawing circles on Type's bare shoulder with his index finger. The silk sheets of their bed covered their lower half.

    "Let's do it after my new deal is finished." Tharn whispered, even though they were the only ones in the room. 

    "Do what?" Type questioned, just as quiet. 

    "Get married." 

    Type sat up quickly, turning to face Tharn, who wore a wild smile on his face. "Really?"

    Tharn nodded. "Yeah. It'll be at least another week or so, which is soon, but I know we can do everything we need to before then. Like you said, why wait? I mean, don't they basically do it all the time in movies anyway?" 

    Type laughed and nodded. "Okay. Let's do it." He leaned forward and pressed his lips to Tharn's. 

    Tharn wrapped his arms around Type's waist and pulled him against his chest. He could feel butterflies in his stomach. Something he never thought he feel ever again. He was happy he had Type back, and nothing was ever going to make him let him go again. 

-

    Type grabbed the things from his passenger seat and exited the car before walking into the company. 

    Dew had called him in so they could work on the plans for the party that Tharn's company was hosting. Tharn had to go into the office anyway, so he wasn't so upset about leaving him. Besides, they would see each other again in a few hours.

    He couldn't stop smiling since the night before, when they agreed to get married. He felt ecstatic, and even Pao told him he was glowing.

    Dew was in his office, flipping through some papers when Type entered. He closed the door behind him and sat down across from Dew as he looked up to greet him. 

    "Type." He gave him a wide smile. "Thanks for coming in so early."

    Type shook his head. "It's really no problem. I am completely free all day." He said with a laugh as he took out his notepad to take some notes. 

    "Well great. We have a lot to discuss." Dew adjusted himself in his seat and took out a few pictures. "There are somethings we have done before that might work for this kind of party." He handed the pictures to Type so he could look through them all. They were all varying degrees of poshness.

    "Tharn likes blue." Type said, laying down one of the picture he thought Tharn might like. 

    "Tharn? Mr. Kirigun?" Dew questioned, a bit shocked Type had called him by his first name. "Are you familiar with him?"

    Type chuckled softly. "Something like that." He nodded. He didn't really want to out right say he was gay or in a relationship with him. Tharn wasn't out, and Type didn't want to be fired if Dew was homophobic. 

    "Are you close with him?" 

    Type nodded once more. "We met in college. He was my roommate. We've known each other for a little over nine years." He explained.

    "That's pretty cool that you're friends with a rich man. Mr. Kirigun in particular. What I would give to be close to him." Type looked down at Dew's comment, hinting something more than him just wanting to be friends. 

    "I can introduce you to him, if you'd like. He's really nice and loves meeting new people." Type offered. 

    Dew immediately lit up. "R-really?"

    "Yeah. I can get you an invitation to the banquet and introduce you then." 

    "You don't know if he like has a date or if he's seeing anyone, do you?" 

    Type wanted to scoff. Clearly he wouldn't have a problem with him being gay, but the last thing he wanted was for him to know Tharn is gay. He would be all over him, even if he knew he was in a relationship. Type had met plenty of people like him.

    "You know, I think he is dating someone." He told Dew. His face immediately fell. "But, you can always ask him at the banquet if you'd like." 

    Dew nodded softly. They were both quiet for a moment before they started discussing the banquet theme and things they'd like to see. 

    Type tried to ignore a few of Dew's offhand comments and questions about Tharn, answering them with only a couple of words. He was a bit irritated, but he needed this job. He couldn't let his relationship with Tharn effect something like this. 

    Type finished meeting with Dew for the morning and decided to head back home. He hadn't really had breakfast and was a bit hungry. He figured he would cook some breakfast and look through some wedding things.

    He also needed to look for a ring for Tharn. They had talked the night before about them going together, but he felt like it might be nicer if he got it himself and surprised him with it. He knew he would like it.

    Pao was home, Dan was not, and the kids were at school. He didn't want to bother Pao, so he decided not to tell her that he was home. She did a lot around the house and he thought she deserved a break. 

    He made himself some quick food and took it up to his and Tharn's bedroom. He was going to research some rings and other things. He knew Tharn would want a large wedding, but if Type didn't want that, he would compromise. So, he looked for larger dining halls, but smaller wedding venues that only their close family and friends would attend.

    As Type scrolled through the details of different venues, the realization of what he was going hit him. It sent a smile to his lips and butterflies fluttered in his stomach.

    He is getting married. He is getting married to the love of his life.

    He is getting married to Tharn.

__________

Thoughts on this chapter.

I've spent a good portion of the last three days with my sister-in-law. We've mostly been in the car, so I know have a sunburn on only one arm.