ten

Tharn and Type were on their way back to Type's hotel room, to eat, when Tharn received a call from the head of the IT team at his company.

    Tharn sighed, not really wanting to answer because he was with Type, but he knew he also had an obligation to his company.

    "Hello."

    "Mr. Kirigun, we are having a problem with recovering old files from before the integration. Plus two of our servers are still down due to the power outage we experienced a few days ago."

    Tharn sighed and glanced at Type. "Do we have the files on anything else besides the old applications? Is there anyway to transfer them if we do?"

    Type smiled to himself. Business man suited Tharn.

    "No, sir. All documents are on the old servers. If we don't reconnect them and get them working again, theres no way for us to try and recover them fully."

    "Okay. Just a moment." Tharn said, pulling his phone away from his ear. "Type, I have to go into the office to fix a problem. You can accompany me if you'd like, but it might take a while. Would you rather me take you back to your hotel room?" He questioned.

    Type shook his head with a small smile. "It's okay. It'll be nice to get out of that small room."

    Tharn nodded and lifted his phone again. "Okay. I'll be in in about ten minutes. Don't touch the servers until then. Just work of recovering the paper file versions of the ones we cant recover, just in case." He said before he hung up. "Sorry. I didn't expect to be called in. You can sit in my office and eat, if you'd like."

    Type nodded but didn't reply, and they were both quiet until they reached Tharn's company.

    Type didn't watch the news much, which was one if the reasons he hadn't known anything about Tharn owning his own company before.

    Type got out of the car and looked up at the extremely tall building, surprised by its height.

    Tharn told Type to follow him and Type obeyed, following close behind him. He watched as Tharn scanned his badge and opened the door.

    He followed as Tharn led them down a long hallway to an elevator. He pushed the button for the 24th floor and scanned his badge. It took a few second before they actually reached it. The entire time they were quiet.

    When the door opened Tharn cleared his throat and stepped out of the elevator, going to two large doors about three yards in front of them.

    Tharn pulled the door open and held it as Type entered.

    "Thank you." He whispered.

    "You can sit anywhere. Right now we are on the 24th floor. I will be down on the 12 floor, in IT. If you need anything, you can call me. I'll also have a second badge in my desk." Tharn said opening the top drawer and pulled out an identical badge. "I'll leave it here for you to use if you cant reach me in my phone. There's a bathroom just outside the room. Will you be okay by yourself?"

    Type nodded with a smile. "I'll be okay. Just go and fix your problem."

    "Okay. If it isn't fixed in half an hour, I'll come back up to get you and take you back to the hotel. I don't want you to stay here longer then you want. If you want to go back early, at anytime, you can tell me." Tharn told him.

    Type laughed and pushed him softly by his shoulder. The first time they had touched since seeing each other again. "Just go fix your problem."

    Tharn nodded with a small smile and left Type on his own. 

    Type let put a sigh and looked around the large office. There were no pictures or things hung on the wall, except a large painting hanging on the far left wall.

    Type recognized it well. The Little Street by Johannes Vermeer. Vermeer was one of Type's favorite paintings and this was one of his favorite paintings by him. For their second anniversary, Tharn had taken him to an art showing of his paintings.

    Type ran his hands over the painting. He wondered why there were no pictures of his family or anything else hung in the wall. He knew Tharn wasn't really on speaking terms with his mom or siblings and that his father had past away.

    He wondered how hard it must have been for him. Having no one for so long. The hate Type had for himself was to much. He suddenly felt his appetite diminish.

    How many relationships had Tharn had since they'd broken up? How many people had he slept with? How many people did he love?

    Type hadn't been in an actually relationship with anyone since they'd broken up. He'd talked about dating with people, but it never happened. He wasn't one to commit, or that's what he told others. He also hadn't had sex with someone in six years. Man or woman. Something about it just didn't seem right.

    Type pushed those thoughts to the side and sat down on the couch on the other side of the room. He left put a sigh and slouched down.

    He shouldn't be here. He shouldn't bringing Tharn back into his life. He shouldn't be letting Tharn being him back into his life. Still, he was weak.

__________

Thoughts on this chapter?