fourteen

Tharn and Type sat on the loveseat, looking up at the night sky. There were no other sounds besides the little insects in the bushes and grass of Tharn's backyard.

    They had been sitting there for almost 15 minutes and neither one of them had said anything. So, Tharn took it into his own hands and spoke first.

    "Most of the time when people say they want to talk, words actually come out of their mouths."

    They both let out small chuckles and Type nodded.

    "I know. I guess I'm just trying to delay it as much as possible." Type admitted.

    "Well, um, I have something to tell you too, so why don't I go first." Tharn suggested, sitting up so Type wasn't in his eyeline. Type was looking at his back, anticipating what was coming next. "I've been thinking about this since that lunch. Since I saw you again. I've talked to Pao a lot about this too. I just want to be honest at this point. It's now or never."

    "Tharn." Type calling his name was like a warning, but he couldn't let that stop him.

    Tharn turned toward him. Not feeling brave enough, but needing to look him in the eye when he told him.

    "Type, I'm still in lo-"

    Type placed his hand over Tharn's mouth. He shook his head a few times and let out a sigh. "Don't...don't say that. Please." He looked down at his lap. "Tharn, I lied to you. I lied to you for so long."

    Tharn stiffened. Type sniffled and let his hand drop onto his lap.

    "Look, whatever it is, Type, I'm sure it's not that bad." Tharn said, trying to laugh, but feeling confused.

    "Actually, this is what I wanted to talk to about. And I want you to just listen to me. I dont want you to interrupt or say anything until I'm done. Okay?"

    Tharn nodded.

    Type sighed deeply. "When we broke up, I told you that I didn't l-love you anymore. At the time you said that it didn't make sense and you were right." Type nodded. Tharn felt his eyes sting a bit. "I did love you. And because I loved you is why I lied."

    "Type, this doesn't make sense. What are you talking about?" Tharn shook his head.

     Type grabbed Tharn's hand and shushed him. "Tharn, please. Just let me talk. If I don't say this now, I don't think I'll ever say it."

    Tharn nodded, letting him continue.

    "A week before we broke up, your dad contacted me. Apparently, someone had recently sent him a picture of us. A very incriminating picture of us. He called me and asked to meet at some restaurant. When I got there, he-he told me that if we stayed together your life would be simple and plain. He said that he had things planned for you. Big things that would give your life meaning and make it happy. He offered me 10 thousand to walk away."

    Tharn made a disgusted face and pulled his hands from Type's. He stood up and chuckled bitterly. "Are you saying that you let my dad pay you to leave me? It was that easy for you?"

    Type stood up too. "It wasn't like that. I told him to keep the money and walked out. I thought about telling you. I really did. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I couldn't. You looked up to your father. He was your idol and I didn't want to be the one to ruin that. Besides, who would you believe? Your own blood or your boyfriend?" Type asked.

    Tharn groaned and massaged his temples. "You. I would have believed you, Type. You weren't just my boyfriend. You were the love if my life. I didn't give a shit about what my dad had planned for me. Type, we had plans. Me and you. For our future. No one sent him a picture. I told him and showed one to him as proof. I told him that I didn't want to take over his company. I told him I wanted to build a family with you. Thst I wanted to live a simple life. With you." Tharn explained. He rubbed his hands on his face and groaned.

    "Why didn't you tell me?" Type questioned.

    "Because it didn't matter. I told him I wanted him out of my life if he couldn't accept it. He didn't accept it, so he was out of my life. There wasn't a reason to tell you. He wasn't a part of our relationship. And now your sitting here, telling me that you lied to me this entire time. You let me believe that you didn't love me anymore. You let me believe that I had done something wrong. You broke my heart and walked away, and yet I'm still here telling you that I still love you. And now you're telling me this?" Tharn let out a shaky breath, trying to control his anger and voice.

    "Tha-"

    "You know, I wish you would have taken the money. If you would have I might have felt better. I would have been able to live with the fact that my dad was a monster. But you left in your own." Tharn shook his head and chuckled. "I think you should leave."

    A tear rolled down Type's cheek. "Fine." He said with a nod. "But know this, I loved you and I did what I thought was right."

    "Well, it wasn't." Tharn pointed towards the door, gesturing for Type to leave. "Please. Just go." He said softly as he looked down at his feet.

    He didn't look up to see Type leaving, but he heard his retreating footsteps and then the front door slam shut. He placed his hand over his mouth and let the tears fall.

    He dropped onto the loveseat and rested his head in his hands, covering his face as he cried. He shoulders shook as he sobbed. He didn't care how loud he was. He just needed to let it out.

    Type sat in the back of a taxi, watching the buildings and lights flash by. His expression emotionless.

    Tharn had told him he was still in love with him and he had gone and ruined it.

    He pulled out his phone and dialed Techno's number. He placed the phone to his ear and let it ring. Techno answeed after two.

    "Hey. Did you talk with Tharn yet?"

    That's when the tears began to flow. "I messed up, No. I really messed up."

__________

Thoughts on this chapter?

I hate this chapter. I rewrote it like seven times. I don't know. It just seems eh.