thirty-eight

The two men stood outside of the courthouse, hand in hand, staring up at it. 

    "When we leave here there's no going back." Tharn said with a nod. "Well, there is, but let's not discuss divorce until after we're officially married."

    Type laughed and slapped his shoulder. "We're not going to get a divorce. I wouldn't let you, even if you tried."

    "Okay. Okay." Tharn shook his head with a smile. "Enough about divorce. We haven't even got officially married yet." 

    Type smiled up at him and nodded. "Well, I guess we'd better got do that then." He walked forward, pulling Tharn by the hand. 

    They entered the building and walked to the front desk, telling the woman sitting there that they were there to get married, something that made Type's heart flutter.

    "Right this way." She gestured for them to follow her as she stood up. 

    She led them into a large room, where one man stood at the front, going through some things. They assumed he was the justice of peace, who was supposed to officiate their wedding.

    "Sir, these are the next two." She nodded to them before leaving them alone. 

    "Well, good afternoon. I'm sure you both would like to get to this as soon as possible." He commented as he looked to their wide smile and glittery selves. He took them to stand at the front of the room. He stood one step up from them as they stood across from each other. "After the ceremony we will sign the marriage certificate and I'll be happy to announce the two of you as husbands." 

    They both nodded to the man, letting him know they understood, before looking back at one another. They were both wearing casual white button up shirts and a pair of light colored khaki pants.

    "We are gathered here today to join the two of you in matrimony, which is commended to be honorable among all men; and therefore is not by any to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly, but reverently, discreetly, advisedly and solemnly. I do not personally know the two of you, but I know love. I see love in all things. I've seen love many times, and even though you've been standing in front of me for mere seconds, I can tell the love you two share is a great and long love. Something many people might not get to experience." 

     Tharn grasped Type's hand tighter, looking deeper into Type's eyes.

    "They say we wear rings on the second to last finger, on our left hand, because it's the only finger that connects to our heart in some way. It may sounds crazy, but I believe in true love. This isn't about me, though. That brings me to the giving of the rings." 

     They retrieved the rings from their pockets. They had taken them off so they could put them on each other, something they hadn't done when both got the rings the first time. This time, it would be more special.

    "Please repeat after me. I, state your name." 

    "I, Tharn."

    "Give you, state his name."

    "Give you, Type." 

    "This ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you."

     harn took Type's left hand and slowly slid the ring on his finger with a smile.

    The officiant turned to Type, letting him know it was now his turn. 

    Type smiled and took Tharn's left hand, looking down at it with a smile. "I, Type, give you, Tharn, this ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you." He slid the ring on Tharn's finger, feeling warm inside. 

    "This has been a short ceremony, but, for two people in love, I think that's all it takes. So, I guess all I have to say is by the power vested in me, by the state of New York, I pronounce you husbands."

    Tharn didn't even wait for his to say they could kiss each other before pulling Type into him by the waist. He collided with his chest with a laugh. Tharn smiled and pressed his lips down onto Type's. 

    He didn't want to get to into the kiss, they could do that later, so it only last for a few moments. Enough to keep them satisfied.

    The two of them exited the courthouse, marriage certificate in hand, signed and legal.

    "So, husband, shall we get some dinner before heading back to the hotel?" Tharn asked, turning to his husband with a smile

    "Well, husband, I was thinking we might actually order room service." Type looked to him with a smirk. 

    "I definitely married the right man."

    They made it back to the hotel room and stood outside the door. Type let out a sigh and turned to his new husband. "Fine. You can do it." 

    Tharn smiled, knowing exactly what he meant. He handed the marriage certificate to Type and picked him up bridal style. 

    Type smiled and leaned his head back, going limp in his arms. Tharn groaned, Type feeling like dead weight in his arms. "Really?"

    "You asked to do this." 

    Tharn laughed as Type unlocked the door, pushing it open. Tharn kicked it closed behind him after they entered. He walked to the edge of the bed and threw Type on it. 

    Type let out a loud laugh as Tharn crawled over him, pinning him down onto the bed. "I thought you wanted dinner." 

     "I do, but it's only just four o'clock. Dinner can wait. Besides, you might be a bit more hungry after some exercise." Tharn told him, running one of his hands over Type's thigh. 

    "It's never to early for dinner, besides, room service ends at ten." 

    Tharn shrugged his shoulders. "So, we'll take a break." 

    "I'm sure that could work." Type wrapped his arms around Tharn's neck and pulled him down into a kiss.

__________

Thoughts on this chapter?

The whole wedding ceremony seems a bit small and simple, but I think it fits them.