二 Trainer Sakonji Urokodaki

"Would it be okay if I took the basket, straw, and some bamboo?" Tanjiro asked the farmer who was hard at work.

"Sure, you're welcome to it, but that basket's full of holes,"

"Yes, I'll pay you for it," The boy said with a straight face.

"No, that's alright. I mean, it's a basket with holes,"

"No, it's all right. You can have the bamboo and straw for free too,"

"But I'm still paying you!" Tanjiro said, grabbing the coins from the pouch.

"I said it's okay! You're one stubborn kid!" the man said, face now a little panicked.

"Please accept this, although it's just small change!" the boy yelled, smacking the coins into the farmer's hands roughly. "Thank you very much!"

The farmer let out a pained yell, grabbing his hand and the change falling. Before anything else could happen, the young redhead slung the basket on his back and grabbed the discarded materials. And that day marked where another poor soul lost to Tajiro's battle of payment.

Meanwhile, at the cave...

Nii-san went to grab the somethings from the farms we passed by last night. Because of what Tomioka-san said, we've been trying to keep Nee-chan out of the sun with all our might, meaning we've been traveling at night and slept in the day. Here I was, sitting in a whole Nee-chan dug with the blanket and my haori over us.

I looked over at my sister next to me, her face slightly frowning looking outside. It wasn't long before Nii-san came back, but as a precaution, I pushed Nezuko down so that we wouldn't be peeking out.

"Fujiko? Huh? Nezuko?" the boy asked from the cave entrance, looking for his sisters. 'They're gone!'

With instinct, I peeked over the hole with a giggle, "Here!"

'There they are," the boy thought, slightly relieved.

"Nezuko, she dug a hole?"

"Well," I said getting out of the hole, Nee-chan still barely peeking out, "Nee-chan just started digging and I didn't really think much of it till it was big enough for both of us to fit in there. And since Nee-chan wanted to hide from the sun, we made a makeshift fort!"

I looked over the materials Nii-san brought back. A basket with holes, bamboo, and straw... that's not a bad idea actually, but how is she going to fit? I thought, grabbing the hatchet cutting the bamboo.

'My imouto turned into a mole. And she's frowning! She must really want to avoid the sunlight,' Tanjiro thought, looking at his younger sister in the hole.

"Wait there for a second! Fujiko, let me help you!" the boy said, grabbing some of the already cut strands of bamboo and started to weave it around the basket. It wasn't long till I was done as cutting the strands and went to got help Nii-san.

It wasn't long before we were done with the newly furnished basket. I watched as Onii-san brought the basket to where Nezuko built her little hole.

"Nezuko? Do you think you can fit inside this? I want to keep moving during the day too. I'll carry you, okay?" I watched as my brother try to convince our sister to go into the basket.

"Can you fit? In here? Bas-ket," nee-chan pulled herself up, putting half her body in the basket and just lying there. Did she just give up?

"She kinda protrudes, huh?" I said, squatting down resting my chin on my hand. I glanced at nii-san looking at her like a proud mother, seeing as he was clearly not seeing the problem. How could she fit?