三 Sabito and Makomo

There are a few hundred members of the Demon Slaying corps. The organization isn't officially recognized by the government. But it has existed since days of old and still hunts demons today. However, the identity of the leader of the Demon Slaying corps... is shrouded in mystery.

Demons.

Staple foods: humans. They kill humans and eat them.

They have impressive physical skills and their wounds heal quickly. They can reconnect severed flesh and grow new limbs. Some demons can change form. Others possess strange powers. It is unclear when or where they first appeared. The only way to kill them is to expose them to sunlight or to cut their head off with a special sword.

The Demon Slaying corps fights demons face-to-face. They are humans so their wounds heal slowly and lost limbs never return. Nonetheless, they fight demons in order to protect ordinary people.

"I am a trainer, just like it sounds I train swordsmen. There are many trainers. In different placed, they use various training methods. To join the Demon Slaying corps, you must survive the Final Selection process held on Mt.Fujisane. Whether or not you're eligable for the Final Selection is up to me," Mr.Urokodaki explained before we started training. He said 'survive'? So that means we're heading into a life or death test than... how many people have failed? Will we be able to join? Tomioka-san gave off a really powerful vibe, one that would be hard to gain. Will we be able to?

All these thoughts crossed my head as we ran down the mountain again, this time at different times. Nii-san started first and when Mr.Urokodaki said, I was allowed to leave.

Running down the mountain, I decided to avoid the traps completely by swinging off the trees and just hopping over the easier ones since I now had the general idea of where they were placed. I hopped over a cord, using the tree branch to throw me over the newly covered pit from the day before.

'Starting today, Nii-san and I have decided to write this journal for you, we're sharing so just read the sign off to tell us apart. Again we descended the mountain, this time at different times. We're training as hard as we can so we can pass the Final Selection. We've gone down the mountain every day without fail, every day growing stronger and building our stamina. The air is thinner than the mountain back home, making it harder to run,"

When I went to grab a branch, it slid down in an unnatural, a small click coming from behind the wood.

'Shit, it's a new trap!'

The moment I landed, a bunch of arrows shot out from the bush, making me run forward, barely having enough time to jump over an uncovered pit with spikes poking out from the bottom.

'He's really trying to make us work for this," I thought, sweat dropping at the trap alterations, paying more attention to my surroundings

'...the traps started getting deadlier and deadlier. Either he really wants to kill us, bored and has too much time on his hands or is just trying to help us, it's a little odd seeing as we're being thrown into this. I think he's bored and likes watching kids suffer since I can feel his presence sometimes watching us. The mountain really forces me to focus on using that, you know, making more sensitive so I can feel his presence more than before. Even though he looks old and scary, his presence is powerful and kind. He always tucks you in, making sure you're comfortable,'

-Fujiko

'Today he sent me down with a katana. The extra weight on one hand, made it a little difficult, so I took off my braid and used the ribbon to tie it around the hand to make sure I was holding it the entire time. It really gets in the way, but I found that if I use it as a walking stick it makes it easier. I would use it like pole vaulting, but when I came down, Mr.Urokodaki took it out of my hand and smacked me since the sheath was wrecked like crazy. He made me run down again, but this time took my ribbon away so I ran down getting my hair stuck in tree branches and twigs. When I was done I spent an hour taking them out... nii-san and Mr.Urokodaki laughed saying I looked like a madwoman and when they handed me a hand mirror, they weren't wrong,'