六 Swordsman accompanying a demon

I went into the room to change and Nii-san changed in the common space. I lifted my uniform up, but something looked...odd. Unlike Tanjiro's dark brown one, mine was black. But that wasn't the odd thing. It was really big, the same as nii-san's. Wait... they couldn't have. I went to the bag and took out the paper with our measurements. I was registered as a boy's uniform with nii-san's uniform measurements. He didn't have mine, I had a double of his. I only sighed, upset that I decided to open it fifteen days after the exam. I slipped it on the black gakuran jacket along with the pants. Thank goodness for the belt or else or else it would just fall off and I would show my underwear to the world.

I slipped back on my socks and lavender straps zori, starting to warps a white cloth around the pant leg like nii-san and slipped on my signature haori. I started to comb my hand through my hair, undoing the braid, but for some reason, it wouldn't cooperate today. I felt something tug at my hair. I turned around to see nee-chan braiding the strands herself as she did back at home when I was younger. I felt tears prick my eyes but fought them back, wiping off with my long sleeves.

When she was done, she tied it off with my ribbon and slipped under the futon's cover once more. I admired the braid in the hand mirror, thinking it looks much better than I could do, but at least I was getting better!

I slid the door open slightly, slipping out through the tiny crack I made so the sun wouldn't disturb nee-chan. I look back to see nee-chan peeking her head from under the covers lightly to see that Nii-san and I were changed in the corp uniform. I felt so grown up. We both looked so professional.

"Have you both changed?" Mr.Urokodaki asked, sitting down. "I have," I said, sitting in front of him. Nii-san sat next to me, waiting for what our sensei had to say.

"Now that you're both starting out with the Demon Slaying corps, I'd like to explain a few things to you," our sensei said, looking at us from his mask.

"Hai,"

"That Demon Slaying outfit you're wearing right now... it's made from a special kind of fiber. The fabric is quite breathable, yet it repels moisture and won't burn easily. A low-level demon's talons or fangs couldn't manage to tear that uniform," Urokodaki explained. Tanjiro grabbed his uniform feeling the fabric, "It's that strong?"

"Also that nichirin sword of yours, Tanjiro, the colour varies from owner to owner, each hue with their own unique properties. But since not many people end up with black blades, little is known about them. So little that..."

"So little that what Urokodaki-sensei?" Tanjiro asked, confused at his sensei's pause. "Since so little is known about them that black blades are said to be wielded by swordsmen who'll never go far,

I felt my heart stop at the new, looking at the sheathed sword by my brother's side. That can't be... Please don't let that be true-

"I don't know how I'll do in the Demon Slayer Corps, but I'm going to turn Nezuko back human again. Right, Fujiko?"

I nodded happily, hiding that my heart nearly dropped. I'm not going to let him die. No matter what, even at the cost of my own life.

"Yes, you both will, I have faith that you're going to make that happen," Mr.Urokodaki said to his students, "Fujiko, your sword colour is unique. I've never met someone with a purple sword but there's a first for everything. Its reputation is in your hands,"

"Hai!"

"One more thing," he said, pulling out a wooden box, "Take this. It's a box to carry your sister in during the day. Built out of an extremely light wood called 'Cloud mist pine'. I coated it with rock lacquer to reinforce it's exterior and to make it even more durable,"